The Student Room Group
Reply 17100
mockel
Cisse! :'(

Well I got bored of typing all the names out :p:
Reply 17101
rmyl
yeah, hehe. although the first was the worst.
I'm not envious of penalty takers or goalkeepers in the slightest. Especially not with 80,000 fans there in the background to howl at any mistakes (hehe, especially from the kop!!!)

Heh, I've taken penalties with about 50-100 people watching and I was as nervous as hell - with that many I'd probably just run and hide in the changing rooms!
Reply 17102
mc_watson87
Ronaldinho and Eto'o both better me thinx :p:

I wouldn't put Eto'o in the same class. Shev all the way!
Reply 17103
dudeks final penalty save was something special as well as the ones he'd made earlier!! he was lucky to get his hand to the ball, he was travelling the other way! :p:
Reply 17104
~Sam~
I think so. I'm bloody glad it didn't go to that! Gerrard's great, but he's not exactly the best at pens! Carra should have taken one :biggrin:

Yup, I would have been a bit worried as well. It's a bit like druing the FA cup semi final years ago against Man U. I knew Bergkamp would have missed before he took it, and he did miss! :frown:
Byw, my friend is sooooooooooo lucky! She went to thefinal today!
Reply 17105
Xenon
Yup, I would have been a bit worried as well. It's a bit like druing the FA cup semi final years ago against Man U. I knew Bergkamp would have missed before he took it, and he did miss! :frown:
Byw, my friend is sooooooooooo lucky! She went to thefinal today!

:eek: I wanted to go!!!!!!
Jump

:eek:

He'll be top 4 for next years World player of the year fo sure!

Eto'o is amazing, really is!

rmyl
dudeks final penalty save was something special as well as the ones he'd made earlier!! he was lucky to get his hand to the ball, he was travelling the other way! :p:

Dudek was pure class!
Reply 17107
one thing i honestly have to say is, when a team like AC were making subsitutes like tommason and rui costa my heart sank!!! I really tought that although we had leveled the score, their substitutes would change the game once more!! How wrong i was, they didn't change the flow of the game one bit!!!
Reply 17108
endeavour
Yeah classic!

Especially as Rafa said that the main thing was that the players believed that they could win, and they didn't! :biggrin: Doh!
Jump

bit too mouthy and arrogant to be considered the best in the World
Forlan > Eto'o because of that
Jump

I rate Eto'o and his finishing so much! :eek:
(same with Shevchenko...but I don't see as much of the Italian league)

Plus the guy has electric pace/acceleration!
Reply 17111
mc_watson87

I'd look amazing with Ronaldhino and Deco feeding me.Not food obviously.
Reply 17112
Jump
Heh, I've taken penalties with about 50-100 people watching and I was as nervous as hell - with that many I'd probably just run and hide in the changing rooms!

Ditto, with about 50. I can't handle pressure and thought that the weight of the whole world (or at least the team) was on me. I missed with a really lousy penalty and we lost the game after my friend also missed. :frown:
fernando
bit too mouthy and arrogant to be considered the best in the World
Forlan > Eto'o because of that

Um, I actually think Eto'o is the best player in the world.
mc_watson87

Dudek was pure class!

He was totally Dudek-like... a few typical dodgy moments, then a ****ing amazing double save and well the penalty antics were legendary
Jump

He was quality with Mallorca though as well.
Reply 17116
The only problem dudek had this season was low confidence, I've always had faith in him that he is a good keeper. hopefully he can keep it up now
Jump

Deco...lolololol

You must not watch that much Spanish footie... a lot of stuff Eto'o does compleltly on his own... and he is actually so incrredible!
mc_watson87
Um, I actually think Eto'o is the best player in the world.

i still think Ronaldinho is better despite the goals + such
rmyl
one thing i honestly have to say is, when a team like AC were making subsitutes like tommason and rui costa my heart sank!!! I really tought that although we had leveled the score, their substitutes would change the game once more!! How wrong i was, they didn't change the flow of the game one bit!!!

:dito: Especially considering we had only 1 more sub left (with almost all 10 outfield players were practically knackered), and with an arduous extra time looming.