The Ultimate Football Thread Watch

This discussion is closed.
sb1986
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by chats)
But it is a bit of a coincidence he wants to sign the day after Liverpool win the European cup
the deal was done days ago...he said its a possibility last week
chats
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by sb1986)
the deal was done days ago...he said its a possibility last week
last week it was a possibility, today he says yes
NDGAARONDI
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by chats)
He will be gone this summer!

Birmingham, Everton, Portsmouth, Spurs and Schalke 04 are all after him
So what? Not as if we need the money they're offering is it? I don't want any more of JM's crap signings thanks.
chats
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by NDGAARONDI)
So what? Not as if we need the money they're offering is it? I don't want any more of JM's crap signings thanks.
They dont need the money but do they want to keep Forsell? They should, but JM will probably go and splash out on Adriano or someone.

and Forsell might want to leave, he said he wants regular football and he loved it at Birmingham.
sb1986
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by chats)
last week it was a possibility, today he says yes
yeh when he said its a possibility he blatently knew he was going to move. It was a done deal everyone knew. U tryin to say hes only joining cos we won? :rolleyes:
vavavoom86
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
I'm disappointed in Mourinho if he sells Parker.
"The reality in this moment is that in a two-persons race for one place, what Makelele did this season looks like unbeatable for that race," the Portuguese chief told the club's official website.

"A young payer like him (Parker) with ambition that he has, it's normal that he wants to play regular.

"He wants to be in the national team, he only can be in the national team if he plays regular. He wants to improve, and improvements are not just with good training but also with good competition.

"He loves the club, he loves the players, he loves everything around him in Chelsea. He wants to play more. As I was saying to him, he's a great player but in this moment Makelele looks unbeatable.

what position does parker play??? :confused:
Rainy
Badges: 14
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by -marymelody-)
they buy expensive foreigners who cant adapt to the english style of play - its brilliant!
Yuhuh. Because Alonso, Garcia and Cisse haven't adapted to the premierhsip have they? Houllier's bought some expensive flops, that's why he's been sacked. The only players who haven't adapted are Josemi (who got injured early in the season anyway) and Morientes (who was an emergency buy and because of being cup-tied hasn't had a proper string of games).

We buy quality players proven in the premiership
I'd go on, but one word somes this up... :hahaha: Beattie. :rofl:
sb1986
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Raindance)
Yuhuh. Because Alonso, Garcia and Cisse haven't adapted to the premierhsip have they? Houllier's bought some expensive flops, that's why he's been sacked. The only players who haven't adapted are Josemi (who got injured early in the season anyway) and Morientes (who was an emergency buy and because of being cup-tied hasn't had a proper string of games).

I'd go on, but one word somes this up... :hahaha: Beattie. :rofl:
yeh init! Beattie the best striker in the premiership! what was it, 6milion

HAHAHAHAHAHAH
chats
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
yeh when he said its a possibility he blatently knew he was going to move. It was a done deal everyone knew. U tryin to say hes only joining cos we won? :rolleyes:
LOL

I think he had doubts

Last nights win, helped him to decide
chats
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
What are we talking, Reina hasnt even moved for sure yet!
sb1986
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by chats)
LOL

I think he had doubts

Last nights win, helped him to decide
lol fair enough, lets agree to disagree

anelka wants to come back now, u hear?
TheSun
Report 14 years ago
Is he not a proven premiership goalscorer then, no?

Making excuses for Morientes already? An emercency signing :rofl: If Beattie is bad..
I say give the lad a proper chance, he seems genuine enough, he'll come good. Wheel Big Dunc out for the big games, and Bent runs rings round any defence. Backed by an awesome midfield we should be contenders soon enough.
NDGAARONDI
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by vavavoom86)
"The reality in this moment is that in a two-persons race for one place, what Makelele did this season looks like unbeatable for that race," the Portuguese chief told the club's official website.

"A young payer like him (Parker) with ambition that he has, it's normal that he wants to play regular.

"He wants to be in the national team, he only can be in the national team if he plays regular. He wants to improve, and improvements are not just with good training but also with good competition.

"He loves the club, he loves the players, he loves everything around him in Chelsea. He wants to play more. As I was saying to him, he's a great player but in this moment Makelele looks unbeatable.

what position does parker play??? :confused:

Yes but I can say he can still fit him and here's why:

1. You would not want Makelele playing every game so we can give Parker a chance when the League Cup and FA Cup games are being played. What if Makalele gets injured? Can't say I approve of Jarosik or Smertin more than Parker. Mourinho wants to win as much as he can (even the Community Shield) and fatigue showed at the end of the season, and injuries played their part to some games that otherwise we could have won - it's not always that great to have a too lean side.

2. For tactical reasons you can play Parker alongside Makalele to help defend leads, something Milan are pretty rubbish at.

3. Mourinho said some time ago he has a moral duty as a foreign manager to invest in English talent. He's yet to buy an Englishman! Although he does actually believe in the youth academy system and have seen glimpses of youth players with the odd game here and there (e.g. Lenny Pidgeley and Anthony Grant). Gerrard is no doubt staying at Liverpool and other Englishmen linked with a move to Stamford Bridge have either stated they are fighting to stay in their current sides (e.g. Michael Owen) or have had their contracts extended (e.g. Jermain Defoe).

I'm sure I'll have other reasons to think of soon...
sb1986
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Is he not a proven premiership goalscorer then, no?

Making excuses for Morientes already? An emercency signing :rofl: If Beattie is bad..
Beattie was in england for his whole career moro moved from spain. Itll take time to adapt but in the end itll be pretty clear who was the better signing.
chats
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
lol fair enough, lets agree to disagree

anelka wants to come back now, u hear?
yeh ok

edit: oh u mean to Liverpool!
TheSun
Report 14 years ago
Beattie was in england for his whole career moro moved from spain. Itll take time to adapt but in the end itll be pretty clear who was the better signing.
Liverpool have bought a player who is reaching the 'over the hill' stage of his career.
NDGAARONDI
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by chats)
They dont need the money but do they want to keep Forsell? They should, but JM will probably go and splash out on Adriano or someone.

and Forsell might want to leave, he said he wants regular football and he loved it at Birmingham.
He'd get regular football if we sell Kezman! By next season Forssell should be fully fit from injury. Drogba will play less so he can properly adapt (if he ever does) and it will be the old two strikers we once had: Gudjohnsen and Forssell. Forssell also mentioned he'd be happy to stay at Chelsea too.

There's little chance of Chelsea having Adriano IMO.
chats
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
He'd get regular football if we sell Kezman! By next season Forssell should be fully fit from injury. Drogba will play less so he can properly adapt (if he ever does) and it will be the old two strikers we once had: Gudjohnsen and Forssell. Forssell also mentioned he'd be happy to stay at Chelsea too.

There's little chance of Chelsea having Adriano IMO.
That would be crazy, all that money spent and reverting back to the old partnership of Forsell and Gudjohnsson

Chelsea WILL sign one big attacking player in the summer I think
chats
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Liverpool Will be parading the European cup around Liverpool later on today, Everton fans gonna go and watch?
Rainy
Badges: 14
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by TheSun)
Liverpool have bought a player who is reaching the 'over the hill' stage of his career.
Whereas Beattie reached the summet with the Saints, and has since tumbled right down the other side. He was good at Southampton at his peak, but his decline there was slow and noticeable. You're paying the price for it now, just as we did when buying Diouf et al.
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Did you vote in the 2019 general election?

Yes (293)
46.36%
No (74)
11.71%
I'm not old enough (265)
41.93%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed