The Ultimate Football Thread Watch

This discussion is closed.
Rainy
Badges: 14
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by NDGAARONDI)
Liberal Democrat. Surely you should have asked if I voted BNP? :confused:
I was thinking about it, but that'd make you sound that little bit more like a racist than a nationalist.
Attached files
NDGAARONDI
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
I'm neither. Used to be a nationalist (as in England, Wales, Scotland and NI split), and even then that was a reaction from people on the other side of the wall.
Haras Sarah
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Oh I don't care about the Pope. Don't know why there was such a big fuss when John Paul snuffed it. We're not in Ireland FFS.
U r disrespectful aint ya indeedy...... :mad: :mad: :mad:

I can understand that there was a big fuss and I don't value one death as being more important than another...BUT he was influential to millions...and a good role model...

and 'snuffed it' ..jeez think of a more diplomatic and respectful phrase!!!!!

ONCE AGAIN...LIVERPOOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Rainy
Report 14 years ago
You knows it
NDGAARONDI
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Haras Sarah)
U r disrespectful aint ya indeedy...... :mad: :mad: :mad:

I can understand that there was a big fuss and I don't value one death as being more important than another...BUT he was influential to millions...and a good role model...
Given that he's probably done more harm than good by telling people not to use condoms for sex because of the holes in them are larger than the sperm, I can't say I'm too impressed. Many Africans and South Africans could have ended up dying buy following his words. Ever had someone you loved die of a sexually transmitted disease? With such a powerful position in the world you need to be careful what you say, I'm sure George W Bush will confirm that.

So much for Exodus 20:13...
Rainy
Report 14 years ago
Given that he's probably done more harm than good by telling people not to use condoms for sex because of the holes in them are larger than the sperm, I can't say I'm too impressed. Many Africans and South Africans could have ended up dying buy following his words. Ever had someone you loved die of a sexually transmitted disease? With such a powerful position in the world you need to be careful what you say, I'm sure George W Bush will confirm that.

It's true, I didn't agree with him at all with the 3rd world issues, but there's no need to get pretentious and become offensive towards the people who looked up to him. There are many other things that he's known for in his papacy, and the media, conveniently, forget to portray them. I think it's you who needs to be careful about what you read and say.
Haras Sarah
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago

Jeez u r patronising aint ya...to think we pm'd each other a while back..first u diss Liverpool..wish em bad luck...THEN U diss the pope...

Right..first of all I LOVE Liverpool and second of all I am Catholic...not a strong believer..but a lot of my family are...so try to be respectful!!

YES THAT was a stupid comment by him..he was a little unorthodox...so is the religion...but that is the way it is..I dunt agree with it...hey celebs and sports stars say stupid stuff...peeps have THE CHOICE as to whether to follow...my grandma and grandad are strict but wudnt follow taht..the ONLY diff is African peeps are less educated no sexual probs and sexual health! :eek:
NDGAARONDI
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Religion causes a headache. If you ever been to Northern Ireland in the bad times you would know.
NDGAARONDI
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Right..first of all I LOVE Liverpool and second of all I am Catholic...not a strong believer..but a lot of my family are...so try to be respectful!!
How many teams you like? :confused:

Arsenal, Liverpool, Leeds...

Why do so many women support Arsenal? :rolleyes:
Rainy
Report 14 years ago
YES THAT was a stupid comment by him..he was a little unorthodox...so is the religion...but that is the way it is..I dunt agree with it...hey celebs and sports stars say stupid stuff...peeps have THE CHOICE as to whether to follow...my grandma and grandad are strict but wudnt follow taht..the ONLY diff is African peeps are less educated no sexual probs and sexual health! :eek:
Calm down nanny! He wasn't being unorthodox, he was being very orthodox. If he hadn't been, he'd have been seen as weak, and the curch and religion would have been ridiculed for going back on it's principles. The Holy See should never say anything 'stupid'.
NDGAARONDI
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
hey celebs and sports stars say stupid stuff...
"Politics gives guys so much power that they tend to behave badly around women. And I hope I never get into that."
- Bill Clinton, former U.S. president
Haras Sarah
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Religion causes a headache. If you ever been to Northern Ireland in the bad times you would know.
I did Ireland's history as GCSE coursework...I KNOW!!!!! :p:
NDGAARONDI
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
I did Ireland's history as GCSE coursework...I KNOW!!!!! :p:
I blame the Romans or whoever brought Christianity to these islands. We were okay 'til they came along. :rolleyes:
Haras Sarah
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Raindance)
Calm down nanny! He wasn't being unorthodox, he was being very orthodox. If he hadn't been, he'd have been seen as weak, and the curch and religion would have been ridiculed for going back on it's principles. The Holy See should never say anything 'stupid'.
I am not saying the religion is perfect...tbh I am christened but I don't believe in it...a lot of atrocities have happened in the past cos of their controlling nature and their acts committed....

BUT

saying there should be respect for the dead....
Haras Sarah
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
I blame the Romans or whoever brought Christianity to these islands. We were okay 'til they came along. :rolleyes:
Religion was really a form of creating a moral higher conscience in my opinion and I think it was jsut a way of controlling society...

BUT

SOME...like my family adn MILLIONS of others..dont believe this and believe the bible...

SO... :rolleyes:

Just respect the pope and dead though,,,OK hon?
NDGAARONDI
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Who has the best hairstyles: Cisse or Xavier?
chats
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Who has the best hairstyles: Cisse or Xavier?
Father Christmas!!!!................... .......I mean Xavier!!!
Rainy
Report 14 years ago
It's hard to say. I think Cisse has better imagination though. Changes his style to suit the match!

And Sarah, I'm also catholic, so you don't have to worry about me religion-bashing.
chats
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago

LMAOAOAOAOAOAOAOAO :rofl:
NDGAARONDI
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Raindance)
It's hard to say. I think Cisse has better imagination though. Changes his style to suit the match!
I did ask earlier but was the last post of the page and I was ignored. :rolleyes:

Didn't Xavier die his hair red once? :confused:
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Which party will you be voting for in the General Election?

Conservatives (115)
19.49%
Labour (298)
50.51%
Liberal Democrats (77)
13.05%
Green Party (30)
5.08%
Brexit Party (7)
1.19%
Independent Group for Change (Change UK) (3)
0.51%
SNP (13)
2.2%
Plaid Cymru (3)
0.51%
Democratic Unionist Party (DUP) (0)
0%
Sinn Fein (6)
1.02%
SDLP (0)
0%
Ulster Unionist (3)