The Ultimate Football Thread Watch

This discussion is closed.
Lil' Miss Smiley
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Raindance)
We're talking about Champions not being allowed to defend their trophy.
Still the same thing. Just been on the news, the spanish league took out one of their other teams so the winners could defend the title.
mc_watson87
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 14 years ago
We're talking about Champions not being allowed to defend their trophy.
Yea i know that!

This in the same kettle of fish!

Spain weren't given an extra place, so Zaragoza had to give up their place in the comp to Real Madrid
NDGAARONDI
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by mc_watson87)
You mean like when Real Zaragoza missed out from the Spanish Premiera liga when Real Madrid won the comp a few years back?
That's the one.
Rainy
Badges: 14
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by ChelseaBabe)
Still the same thing. Just been on the news, the spanish league took out one of their other teams so the winners could defend the title.
How is the champions not being able to defend their championship the same as a team who creeped in to the last champion's league spot? :rolleyes: :p:
NDGAARONDI
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by chats)
you might get people calling you a batty boy
Why? It's a different thing if it's footballers doing it. I mean, some of the stuff footballers do and get away with it - kiss, hug etc. You see two guys do that on the football pitch or whatever people will be like WTF. :rolleyes:
mc_watson87
Rep:
?
How is the champions not being able to defend their championship the same as a team who creeped in to the last champion's league spot? :rolleyes: :p:
It's all about not giving the country an extra place!
Lil' Miss Smiley
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
They shouldn't have to give up their place either. In our case Everton worked hard to get where they are and 'pool just didnt put in the effort. I think thats why they didn't push in the Boro match. {think it was the boro match, you'll have to excuse me been drinking again and brains a little fuzzy.}
......?
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Why don't they just add liverpool to the qualifing round?, everyones happy.
m:)ckel
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
But Real Madrid won the CL and finished 5th, as did Liverpool. And Real Madrid were given Zaragoza's place.

I think that's what everyone's talking about. Sorry if it's not, cos I just jumped into the convo...
Hmm. Does seem I jumped into the convo
chats
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by mc_watson87)
Yea i know that!

This in the same kettle of fish!

Spain weren't given an extra place, so Zaragoza had to give up their place in the comp to Real Madrid
Yeh I think Everton should give up their place for Liverpool
jamlan
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Because Real were in th same position as Liv. Fifth in th League and Champs League winners. Only difference is th SFA told Zaragoza to get lost to th UEFA Cup so Real could defend their title
Lil' Miss Smiley
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by mockel)
But Real Madrid won the CL and finished 5th, as did Liverpool. And Real Madrid were given Zaragoza's place.

I think that's what everyone's talking about. Sorry if it's not, cos I just jumped into the convo...
That and a bit more. I think they shouldn't change the rules to fit. And no I'm not an Everton fan, but most of you know that already!
Rainy
Report 14 years ago
They shouldn't have to give up their place either. In our case Everton worked hard to get where they are and 'pool just didnt put in the effort. I think thats why they didn't push in the Boro match. {think it was the boro match, you'll have to excuse me been drinking again and brains a little fuzzy.}
Yeh ermm... take a look at the table. We finished 3 points behind Everton, and played 16 more games over the course of the season. Unless, of course, you count playing far more games & losing half of the starting XI to injury as 'not trying hard enough'.
chats
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by NDGAARONDI)
Why? It's a different thing if it's footballers doing it. I mean, some of the stuff footballers do and get away with it - kiss, hug etc. You see two guys do that on the football pitch or whatever people will be like WTF. :rolleyes:
No because footballers have a 'reason' to wear them.

If you do get one make sure its a sports one, and not a girls alice band type of thing, I wore one of them once and I got gunned
Lil' Miss Smiley
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Yeh ermm... take a look at the table. We finished 3 points behind Everton, and played 16 more games over the course of the season. Unless, of course, you count playing far more games & losing half of the starting XI as 'not trying hard enough'.
Oh poor you!!! Bloody tough! You gotta be in it to win it!
Thats how Chelski lost out to the FA cup. Tough!
Rainy
Report 14 years ago
Oh poor you!!! Bloody tough! You gotta be in it to win it!
Which we have and we will. Which is more than Chelsea can say.

None of this 'not trying hard enough' malarkey, thank you very much! :p:
jamlan
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by -marymelody-)
Id be disappointed if uefa bowed to pressure from thw fa to let liverpool in, for the simple reason that you cant realistically change rules half way through the season accordingly.

yes its hard on liverpool if they dont get invited back in, but they cant be disppointed if they dont as its not in the rules. the fa had a chance to ensure the holders liverpool would be in it and they decided against it and to go with what the rules state.

i think the rules will be changed next season for sure, and its probably 50/50 as to whether theyll get changed for lpool this time around
What's more important, UEFA adhering to th rules regardless, or UEFA doing what's good for football and their own competition?
mc_watson87
Rep:
?
(Original post by -marymelody-)
Id be disappointed if uefa bowed to pressure from thw fa to let liverpool in, for the simple reason that you cant realistically change rules half way through the season accordingly.
It's all about common sense! Let the champions in, don't be foolios!
Rainy
Report 14 years ago
Yay, people seeing sense!

:beer:
Lil' Miss Smiley
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Which we have and we will. Which is more than Chelsea can say.

None of this 'not trying hard enough' malarkey, thank you very much! :p:
True you did and Chelsea didn't try hard enough you are right. Which is what I am saying maybe if Rafa had thought more about the position in the league you would finish in, defending the title you won last night would not be in question. Dont get me wrong I am not bitter Chelsea weren't there last night, they lost and thats how it goes. I dont feel they should change the rules and thats my point. I would feel exactly the same had it been Chelsea in the same position.
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you work while at uni?

Yes I work at university (108)
33.44%
No I don't (152)
47.06%
I work during the holidays (63)
19.5%

Watched Threads