The Ultimate Football Thread Watch

This discussion is closed.
mc_watson87
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 14 years ago
(Original post by ChelseaBabe)
Cos they have won it five times so they get to keep it. Every team should keep the cups they win anyway. Not the same having a piece of card saying 'herein was xxx cup'.
Nah they shudn't!

They normally get a nice Replica anyway!
Lil' Miss Smiley
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by mc_watson87)
Nah they shudn't!

They normally get a nice Replica anyway!
Tis not the same though, is it really??? Its like wearing a copy footy shirt!
You just know its not right!
chats
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Cos they have won it five times so they get to keep it. Every team should keep the cups they win anyway. Not the same having a piece of card saying 'herein was xxx cup'.
oh!

Wow so the team next year are gonna have some newish one
mc_watson87
Rep:
?
Tis not the same though, is it really??? Its like wearing a copy footy shirt!
You just know its not right!
Do you wear Lampard's actual shirt? :eek:
Lil' Miss Smiley
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Do you wear Lampard's actual shirt? :eek:
I wish, after it been washed you understand! I meant knock of footy shirts, the ones without the official badge and stuff.
chats
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
I wish, after it been washed you understand! I meant knock of footy shirts, the ones without the official badge and stuff.
someone in my college has a Arsenal kit sponsered by Nokia

:rofl: :rofl:
Lil' Miss Smiley
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by chats)
someone in my college has a Arsenal kit sponsered by Nokia

:rofl: :rofl:
ROFLMAO!! Never!!
Rainy
Badges: 14
Report 14 years ago
It'd be the first occasion of that happening, ever. I don't think they'd let it happen. Think about it, it's not just the fact that Liverpool are Champions.

- LFC have done more for European football than any other english club in the last few years, ignoring their previous 4 titles
- It's not about Everton losing their place, it's about letting the Champion's back in
- There will be many, many, many bodies and figures who will be lobbying UEFA.
- there must be more reasons, but i'm too tired to think of them.
- UEFA will be so much more money having us there, we're going to be very marketable for a while... they have their own business interests to watch out for.

Arguments I've heard against:
- We'd be going against UEFA rules - They're ridiculous rules anyway. ANY time in our positions would kick up the same fuss.
- We didn't try hard enough, so we finished 5th - We've played the most games in the premiership, despite having crippling injuries for the majorty of the season. We only finished 3 points behind everton who played 16 games less.
- We finished 5th, so we're not good enough - In which case why are Everton, Arsenal and Man U allowed in?
Ziggy Stardust
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
I f*cking hate those spawny jammy horrible red b*stards. I really do.

Oh it pains me to to watch their plastic phoney Reebok shirt wearing fans lining the streets of Liverpool to welcome home that team, who are incredibly undeserving of such a trophy. I can't believe it - surely such a sh*tty team winning the competition devalues it so much. I for one believe that UEFA should look to changing the format of the competition so only the top 2 teams from each country go into it. It's disgusting to think how such a shoddy team can sneak a win like that.

How dare Dudek stand more or less on his 6 yard line to save one of those penalties.
I mean, how much luck can one team get? Was there actually anything wrong with Shevchenkos goal? Why did the referee handily ignore the linesmans offside flag to allow play to continue for that Smicer to score?
How dare those horrible Liverpool fans make heroes out of three of their most maligned players in Dudek, Smicer and Traore. HE JUST CAN'T CONTROL HIS FEET!

It really makes me angry to think that a team who played well for 6 minutes of a match can go on to win it over 120 minutes. It defies belief. I would hold my hand up and congratulate them if they deserved it. But they certainly didn't deserve to leave that stadium with the trophy last night.

I hate them, I HATE them.

I hate their stadium, I hate their kit, I hate their players, I hate their manager, I hate their chairman, I hate their style of play, I hate their supporters - I HATE THEM.

And onto another issue that seems to have arisen, with respect to their qualification to next seasons competition. NO - they shouldn't be allowed back in. Should rules be changed half way through a season? NO.
Should we bend the rules just because they have won it? NO. The champions league is for the top teams from the european countries to battle it out between themselves. These teams are selected by their league positions, which goes to show that Liverpool just aren't good enough.

No - they aren't the best team in Europe.
No - they aren't the best team in the UK
No - they aren't the best team in the Premier League
God, no - they aren't even the best team in Merseyside!

Those supporters do make me laugh, I tell ye!

Even though I don't think they should be allowed back into the competition, I have a sneaking suspicion that they will be allowed back into it next year - not least because that horrible scumbag on the board of the FA is a RS, but because half of UEFA seem to want to bend over backwards to allow them into the competition. Let's see sense - they didn't finish in the top four in England, not through lack of effort, but through lack of quality.
The Premier League is contested over 38 games, not 12 or whatever the CL is contested over. The Premier League is a much harder test of quality and consistency. We've seen that they couldn't cut it this season in the PRM - so let them play with their pal John Barnes on Channel 5 next season!

Just to end on a high note:
Did anybody see Reinas blooper against Barcelona last week? Genius!

I'm back :cool:
chats
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
ROFLMAO!! Never!!
LOL I swear!

He tried to convince someone that it was the ''new kit''

LMAOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
chats
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by afireinside©)

Oh it pains me to to watch their plastic phoney Reebok shirt wearing fans lining the streets of Liverpool to welcome home that team, who are incredibly undeserving of such a trophy. I can't believe it - surely such a sh*tty team winning the competition devalues it so much. I for one believe that UEFA should look to changing the format of the competition so only the top 2 teams from each country go into it. It's disgusting to think how such a shoddy team can sneak a win like that.

How dare Dudek stand more or less on his 6 yard line to save one of those penalties.
I mean, how much luck can one team get? Was there actually anything wrong with Shevchenkos goal? Why did the referee handily ignore the linesmans offside flag to allow play to continue for that Smicer to score?
How dare those horrible Liverpool fans make heroes out of three of their most maligned players in Dudek, Smicer and Traore. HE JUST CAN'T CONTROL HIS FEET!

It really makes me angry to think that a team who played well for 6 minutes of a match can go on to win it over 120 minutes. It defies belief. I would hold my hand up and congratulate them if they deserved it. But they certainly didn't deserve to leave that stadium with the trophy last night.

I hate their stadium, I hate their kit, I hate their players, I hate their manager, I hate their chairman, I hate their style of play, I hate their supporters - I HATE THEM.

And onto another issue that seems to have arisen, with respect to their qualification to next seasons competition. NO - they shouldn't be allowed back in. Should rules be changed half way through a season? NO.
Should we bend the rules just because they have won it? NO. The champions league is for the top teams from the european countries to battle it out between themselves. These teams are selected by their league positions, which goes to show that Liverpool just aren't good enough.

Even though I don't think they should be allowed back into the competition, I have a sneaking suspicion that they will be allowed back into it next year - not least because that horrible scumbag on the board of the FA is a RS, but because half of UEFA seem to want to bend over backwards to allow them into the competition. Let's see sense - they didn't finish in the top four in England, not through lack of effort, but through lack of quality.
The Premier League is contested over 38 games, not 12 or whatever the CL is contested over. The Premier League is a much harder test of quality and consistency. We've seen that they couldn't cut it this season in the PRM - so let them play with their pal John Barnes on Channel 5 next season!

welcome back
Ziggy Stardust
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by chats)
welcome back
Promises to spice things up somewhat
Lil' Miss Smiley
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Raindance)
It'd be the first occasion of that happening, ever. I don't think they'd let it happen. Think about it, it's not just the fact that Liverpool are Champions.

- LFC have done more for European football than any other english club in the last few years, ignoring their previous 4 titles
- It's not about Everton losing their place, it's about letting the Champion's back in
- There will be many, many, many bodies and figures who will be lobbying UEFA.
- there must be more reasons, but i'm too tired to think of them.
- UEFA will be so much more money having us there, we're going to be very marketable for a while... they have their own business interests to watch out for.

Arguments I've heard against:
- We'd be going against UEFA rules - They're ridiculous rules anyway. ANY time in our positions would kick up the same fuss.
- We didn't try hard enough, so we finished 5th - We've played the most games in the premiership, despite having crippling injuries for the majorty of the season. We only finished 3 points behind everton who played 16 games less.
- We finished 5th, so we're not good enough - In which case why are Everton, Arsenal and Man U allowed in?
One more than Chelsea! Wow! Thats alot isnt it??!!! :rolleyes:
'Pool 60 Chelski 59
jamlan
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago

Thanks for that unbiased rationally thought out stream of vitriolic fervour.
idiopathic
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago

I hate jealousy.
mc_watson87
Rep:
?
One more than Chelsea! Wow! Thats alot isnt it??!!! :rolleyes:
3 more actually :p:

Edit: tis only one! \= My bad... still who cares! :p:
Lil' Miss Smiley
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
3 more actually :p:
didnt count friendlys.
Ziggy Stardust
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by endeavour)
I hate jealousy.
and I hate pretense! :cool:
mc_watson87
Rep:
?
didnt count friendlys.
Nor did I...
Ziggy Stardust
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by jamlan)
Thanks for that unbiased rationally thought out stream of vitriolic fervour.
In scouse, please.
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Which party will you be voting for in the General Election?

Conservatives (119)
19.8%
Labour (303)
50.42%
Liberal Democrats (79)
13.14%
Green Party (30)
4.99%
Brexit Party (7)
1.16%
Independent Group for Change (Change UK) (3)
0.5%
SNP (13)
2.16%
Plaid Cymru (3)
0.5%
Democratic Unionist Party (DUP) (0)
0%
Sinn Fein (6)
1%
SDLP (0)
0%
Ulster Unionist (3)