Nor did I...
*goes off to count again. :rolleyes:
still not that many more and chelsea too had injuries
an Siarach
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Just heard on the news that the owner of the Welsh Premier League champions has offered to play Liverpool in a one legged tie for their CL place.
Haras Sarah
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by ChelseaBabe)
*goes off to count again. :rolleyes:
still not that many more and chelsea too had injuries
yeah..but u had cover...and u dint have loads out at once like Man U, Liverpool and Arsenal had! :p:
Ziggy Stardust
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by an Siarach)
Just heard on the news that the owner of the Welsh Premier League champions has offered to play Liverpool in a one legged tie for their CL place.
Yeah won't happen, no chance.
Rainy
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by afireinside©)
I f*cking hate those spawny jammy horrible red b*stards. I really do.

Oh it pains me to to watch their plastic phoney Reebok shirt wearing fans lining the streets of Liverpool to welcome home that team, who are incredibly undeserving of such a trophy. I can't believe it - surely such a sh*tty team winning the competition devalues it so much. I for one believe that UEFA should look to changing the format of the competition so only the top 2 teams from each country go into it. It's disgusting to think how such a shoddy team can sneak a win like that.

How dare Dudek stand more or less on his 6 yard line to save one of those penalties.
I mean, how much luck can one team get? Was there actually anything wrong with Shevchenkos goal? Why did the referee handily ignore the linesmans offside flag to allow play to continue for that Smicer to score?
How dare those horrible Liverpool fans make heroes out of three of their most maligned players in Dudek, Smicer and Traore. HE JUST CAN'T CONTROL HIS FEET!

It really makes me angry to think that a team who played well for 6 minutes of a match can go on to win it over 120 minutes. It defies belief. I would hold my hand up and congratulate them if they deserved it. But they certainly didn't deserve to leave that stadium with the trophy last night.

I hate them, I HATE them.

I hate their stadium, I hate their kit, I hate their players, I hate their manager, I hate their chairman, I hate their style of play, I hate their supporters - I HATE THEM.

And onto another issue that seems to have arisen, with respect to their qualification to next seasons competition. NO - they shouldn't be allowed back in. Should rules be changed half way through a season? NO.
Should we bend the rules just because they have won it? NO. The champions league is for the top teams from the european countries to battle it out between themselves. These teams are selected by their league positions, which goes to show that Liverpool just aren't good enough.

No - they aren't the best team in Europe.
No - they aren't the best team in the UK
No - they aren't the best team in the Premier League
God, no - they aren't even the best team in Merseyside!

Those supporters do make me laugh, I tell ye!

Even though I don't think they should be allowed back into the competition, I have a sneaking suspicion that they will be allowed back into it next year - not least because that horrible scumbag on the board of the FA is a RS, but because half of UEFA seem to want to bend over backwards to allow them into the competition. Let's see sense - they didn't finish in the top four in England, not through lack of effort, but through lack of quality.
The Premier League is contested over 38 games, not 12 or whatever the CL is contested over. The Premier League is a much harder test of quality and consistency. We've seen that they couldn't cut it this season in the PRM - so let them play with their pal John Barnes on Channel 5 next season!

Just to end on a high note:
Did anybody see Reinas blooper against Barcelona last week? Genius!

I'm back :cool:
Yup, and I missed you too. :cool:
Ziggy Stardust
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Raindance)
Yup, and I missed you too. :cool:
I can imagine!

Now cipher your way through my post and tell me how your team are the best team to have ever graced this planet :cool:
an Siarach
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Yeah won't happen, no chance.
I would be stunned if UEFA, let alone the FA and WFA gave the go ahead but its a nice idea nonetheless. The Welsh champions wouldnt get past their first qualifier anyway and Liverpool is a far bigger team than they could hope to draw in the early qualifiers.
idiopathic
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
I can imagine!

Now cipher your way through my post and tell me how your team are the best team to have ever graced this planet :cool:
We're not.
Rainy
Report 15 years ago
I can imagine!

I would, but we're not.

We're the best team ever to have graced Merseyside though! :eek:
El Stevo
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
I f*cking hate those spawny jammy horrible red b*stards. I really do.

Oh it pains me to to watch their plastic phoney Reebok shirt wearing fans lining the streets of Liverpool to welcome home that team, who are incredibly undeserving of such a trophy. I can't believe it - surely such a sh*tty team winning the competition devalues it so much. I for one believe that UEFA should look to changing the format of the competition so only the top 2 teams from each country go into it. It's disgusting to think how such a shoddy team can sneak a win like that.

How dare Dudek stand more or less on his 6 yard line to save one of those penalties.
I mean, how much luck can one team get? Was there actually anything wrong with Shevchenkos goal? Why did the referee handily ignore the linesmans offside flag to allow play to continue for that Smicer to score?
How dare those horrible Liverpool fans make heroes out of three of their most maligned players in Dudek, Smicer and Traore. HE JUST CAN'T CONTROL HIS FEET!

It really makes me angry to think that a team who played well for 6 minutes of a match can go on to win it over 120 minutes. It defies belief. I would hold my hand up and congratulate them if they deserved it. But they certainly didn't deserve to leave that stadium with the trophy last night.

I hate them, I HATE them.

I hate their stadium, I hate their kit, I hate their players, I hate their manager, I hate their chairman, I hate their style of play, I hate their supporters - I HATE THEM.

And onto another issue that seems to have arisen, with respect to their qualification to next seasons competition. NO - they shouldn't be allowed back in. Should rules be changed half way through a season? NO.
Should we bend the rules just because they have won it? NO. The champions league is for the top teams from the european countries to battle it out between themselves. These teams are selected by their league positions, which goes to show that Liverpool just aren't good enough.

No - they aren't the best team in Europe.
No - they aren't the best team in the UK
No - they aren't the best team in the Premier League
God, no - they aren't even the best team in Merseyside!

Those supporters do make me laugh, I tell ye!

Even though I don't think they should be allowed back into the competition, I have a sneaking suspicion that they will be allowed back into it next year - not least because that horrible scumbag on the board of the FA is a RS, but because half of UEFA seem to want to bend over backwards to allow them into the competition. Let's see sense - they didn't finish in the top four in England, not through lack of effort, but through lack of quality.
The Premier League is contested over 38 games, not 12 or whatever the CL is contested over. The Premier League is a much harder test of quality and consistency. We've seen that they couldn't cut it this season in the PRM - so let them play with their pal John Barnes on Channel 5 next season!

Just to end on a high note:
Did anybody see Reinas blooper against Barcelona last week? Genius!

I'm back :cool:
beautiful AFI :rolleyes: truly beautiful :top: its nice to see that someone is sticking with their guns, even if they are aimed wrong...
Haras Sarah
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by El Stevo)
beautiful AFI :rolleyes: truly beautiful :top: its nice to see that someone is sticking with their guns, even if they are aimed wrong...
hehe..he went for a waffle dint he..wunder whether he beens with it..oohhhh...it smells..he let rip! :eek: :rolleyes: :p:
Ziggy Stardust
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Raindance)
We're the best team ever to have graced Moyseyside though! :eek:
Obviously not :p:
Haras Sarah
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Well...yes Liverpool ARE actually if u look at there record! :p:
Ziggy Stardust
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Haras Sarah)
Well...yes Liverpool ARE actually if u look at there record! :p:
ZzZZZZZZZzzzzzZzZzZzzzz
chats
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Dan did you go and watch the parade?

They were showing Evertonians on the news gate crashing the celebration singing ''Champions league, you're having a laugh, champions league you're having a laugh!''
El Stevo
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
by AFI's reckoning Everton are the best team in Merseyside by coming first of those in the Premier league

ergo, by similar deduction, liverpool are the best team in Europe because they finished first in the champions league.

obviously both are either right or wrong but you cant have one of either because its accepting one argument as being true for one team and rejecting it for another.
Rainy
Report 15 years ago
It's a good thing that you're starting to catch up, and I'm looking forward to next season. But whether you can sustain it is another matter, you'll be under pressure for the first time in ages, you'll have to play far more games, and we'll be far better than we've been this season. Which really isn't difficult. Well done this season, you're in the CL for the first time, ever. We'll see what you'll make of it. I'm not going to give you much of a chance of progressing far, but feel free to prove me wrong.

Make no mistake, one season for the first time in 20 years with you finishing above us (by 3pts) does not make you the better team.
Ziggy Stardust
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
by AFI's reckoning Everton are the best team in Merseyside by coming first of those in the Premier league

ergo, by similar deduction, liverpool are the best team in Europe because they finished first in the champions league.

obviously both are either right or wrong but you cant have one of either because its accepting one argument as being true for one team and rejecting it for another.
The Premier League is a harder test, enough said!
El Stevo
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
The Premier League is a harder test, enough said!
a longer test maybe, but there is no way it is harder. or else chelski, arsenal man united etc would have got further. its hardly like they were put out by minnows with no right to beat them.
tis_me_lord
Badges: 14
Report 15 years ago
a longer test maybe, but there is no way it is harder. or else chelski, arsenal man united etc would have got further. its hardly like they were put out by minnows with no right to beat them.
Well, you get a team on bad form, and get some lucky goals and bam, you're racing through the stages.

In the league the matches themselves may be easier but it requires far more consistantly.

From an unbiased standpoint I'd say Man U, Chelsea etc are clearly better than Liverpool and it shows from the point difference in the league. Getting Juve on bad form, and a dubious goal vs Chelsea changes nothing.

It's like saying Wolves are amazing because they beat Man U 2 seasons ago.
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you finding researching unis for 2021 entry?

I have been able to get all the information I need from online research (54)
19.42%
I have tried virtual events and found them useful (60)
21.58%
I have tried virtual events and did not find them useful (56)
20.14%
I would be interested in trying socially distanced or scaled down in person events (58)
20.86%
I want to but don't know where to start with researching unis for 2021 entry (25)
8.99%
I haven't started researching yet (25)
8.99%

Watched Threads