The Ultimate Football Thread Watch

This discussion is closed.
Rainy
Badges: 14
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by tis_me_lord)
On those forms I think dozens of sides could, actually.

I think you need to realise that when playing 4 sides you did well, when facing dozens you did badly, and the overall message of that is that you're not good enough for the champions league next season.

It's not like I'm biased, I support Bath City, I'm only applying common sense to this. :rolleyes:
I find it funny that Everton doing 'brilliantly' equates to Liverpool doing 'badly'.

Did you even bother watching any of those games? Or did you just read the Daily Mail the day afterwards?
~Sam~
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Anyone else watching the bus parade on SSN?
tis_me_lord
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by mc_watson87)
Your opinions sound like you didn't even watch their games.

Easily deserve to be in the Champions League final! I wudn't bet against them winning it again!
I did watch them, and I stand by my point that playing well in dozens of games matters more than playing well in a few.

For those that went off on one about me saying only good teams should win things, wtf? I'd be perfectly happy for us (Bath) to win the FA cup next year, and I'm happy for Everton to RIGHTFULLY be in the euro cup. But liverpool didn't meet the criteria for it, fact, because they didn't get the points. So they shouldn't be in it next season.
jamlan
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
On those forms I think dozens of sides could, actually.

I think you need to realise that when playing 4 sides you did well, when facing dozens you did badly, and the overall message of that is that you're not good enough for the champions league next season.

It's not like I'm biased, I support Bath City, I'm only applying common sense to this. :rolleyes:
Chelsea had just won th premiership. They didn't play badly against us, they were stifled by our play. Juventus won th scudetto soon after we beat them, they were blitzed and then stifled. Milan played unbelievably well, but we were deserved winners (even according to th Italian press). All these teams were in form.
I just honestly think that winning th competition is more of an achievement than finishing fourth in th league.
Rainy
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by ~Sam~)
Anyone else watching the bus parade on SSN?
Of course! If I didn't have an exam tomorrow morning, I'd have gone up myself.
tis_me_lord
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Raindance)
Did you even bother watching any of those games?
All of them

Or did you just read the Daily Mail the day afterwards?
If anything I read the guardian, and not the sports section. Real stuff. :rolleyes:

This bitter Liverpool ranting is getting old, the rules are clear, and if you're going to be inconsistant all season it's about time you accepted the consequences, a few good matches changes nothing. Better luck next season.
Ziggy Stardust
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by NDGAARONDI)
Oh, and please stop this rubbish about it being a foul by Cech and a sending off - had Mr Frisk been in charge then Baros would have found himself being booked for a high foot, just like Drogba was in the Nou Camp. The goal should not have stood, it would not have been a penalty (as the ref has stated), and the match would have been completely different as Liverpool wouldn't have been able to "park the bus" in front of the goal.
Completely agree. But they have a habit of getting these kinds of decisions in their favour..
El Stevo
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
i am prolly one of the few liverpool fans who accepted without much quibble we weren't gonna get cl football next year because of our lacklustre season. i didnt think the issue was whether we would be playing there next season - it was whether we deserved to win it this season, which i think we did. we clearly are good enough for the champions league - afterall we won the damn thing. people rarely win knockouts without any element of luck, so you cant degrade what we did because other people werent as up for it as we were. we came out guns blazing against olympiakos second half and did what we needed. we took the game to juventus and comprehensively beat them into the ground. they only played badly because we didnt let them play good. we then resisted them. we pinned chelsea down and refused to let them play like they can - for two games. we were getting hammered by ac milan, but by sheer determination and passion we clawed back into it. after that it was an even game.

edit: by 'we', read 'liverpool' - i had nothing to do with it
Ziggy Stardust
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
If anything I read the guardian, and not the sports section. Real stuff. :rolleyes:

This bitter Liverpool ranting is getting old, the rules are clear, and if you're going to be inconsistant all season it's about time you accepted the consequences, a few good matches changes nothing. Better luck next season.
Yay - rep for you tomorrow for being a sensible boy :cool:
idiopathic
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
This is getting tedious now. Let's just cool it

to AFI - yes, Everton are the best

To Chelsea fans - yes Chelsea should be the Champions League winners; how rude of Liverpool to not concede against you

To Liverpool fans - watch ITV at 11 pm tonight
NDGAARONDI
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
People also forget the header that Juve had disallowed for a goal against Liverpool at Anfield. Part and parcel of the game.
Ziggy Stardust
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by endeavour)
This is getting tedious now. Let's just cool it

to AFI - yes, Everton are the best

To Chelsea fans - yes Chelsea should be the Champions League winners; how rude of Liverpool to not concede against you

To Liverpool fans - watch ITV at 11 pm tonight
Yay - finally you've woken up!
jamlan
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by afireinside©)
Completely agree. But they have a habit of getting these kinds of decisions in their favour..
Baros brought his foot up to th ball and back down again in time to get clattered by Cech. Cech was still quite far off when Baros had hs foot in th air
Ziggy Stardust
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by jamlan)
Baros brought his foot up to th ball and back down again in time to get clattered by Cech. Cech was still quite far off when Baros had hs foot in th air
I hadn't realised, but it was uncannily similar to the incident that Drogba got sent off for.
I don't believe a penalty would have been given, and it makes me sick to think you got outplayed by them twice, didn't score a goal and managed to cheat your way to the final. Sick!
El Stevo
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
I hadn't realised, but it was uncannily similar to the incident that Drogba got sent off for.
I don't believe a penalty would have been given, and it makes me sick to think you got outplayed by them twice, didn't score a goal and managed to cheat your way to the final. Sick!
its not our fault they didnt score or even get more than one shot on target against us in 180+ minutes of football. oh wait, it is our fault... jamie carragher is particularly guilty...
Rainy
Report 14 years ago
How do you plan on 'outplaying' Chelsea at the Bridge in a game which really matters? I think they were more up for this game than a meager prem game which they didn't really need to worry about. They couldn't break us down, we 'did'. That goal was given, even though it possibly shouldn't have been. However, the referee said the day after that had the goal not been given, Cech would have been off, and we'd have been given a penalty. Simple. And that BS about Baros fouling Cech? You're really scraping the bottom now aren't you?

Face it. We beat you. We beat Milan. We are European Champions. The more of these bitter posts I read, the less I care and the more I smile.
jamlan
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
similar but not the same
Ziggy Stardust
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by jamlan)
similar but not the same
Probably worse
El Stevo
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Probably worse
of course it was worse - you're an everton fan
jamlan
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Probably worse
Personally, i think Cech was lucky to escape that challenge with his life :rolleyes:
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Did you vote in the 2019 general election?

Yes (409)
43.7%
No (97)
10.36%
I'm not old enough (430)
45.94%

Watched Threads