The Ultimate Football Thread Watch

This discussion is closed.
NDGAARONDI
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Raindance)
However, the referee said the day after that had the goal not been given, Cech would have been off, and we'd have been given a penalty. Simple. And that BS about Baros fouling Cech? You're really scraping the bottom now aren't you?
Then I would like him to refer to his rule book regarding the dangers of raising your foot high and/or studs showing. Otherwise why was Jamie booked? :confused:

Premiership - sending off and penalty
Europe - free kick the other way.
El Stevo
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by jamlan)
Personally, i think Cech was lucky to escape that challenge with his life :rolleyes:
if we need to rant about look, cech is a darn good keeper but luck had definitely parked its derriere on his goal line against barcelona...
an Siarach
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by afireinside©)
The Premier League is a harder test, enough said!
The premier league has had 4 (Man U,Blackburn,Arsenal,Chelsea) different winners since its inception 13 years ago. The Champions league has had 10 (Barca,Milan,Ajax,Juve,Dortmund, Real,Man U,Bayern, Porto, Liverpool) different winners in the same space of time.
El Stevo
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by NDGAARONDI)
Then I would like him to refer to his rule book regarding the dangers of raising your foot high and/or studs showing. Otherwise why was Jamie booked? :confused:

Premiership - sending off and penalty
Europe - free kick the other way.
le shoulder barger

premiership - its in the game
europe - foul, booking

crunching tackle

europe - foul, booking
NDGAARONDI
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by El Stevo)
le shoulder barger

europe - foul, booking

crunching tackle

europe - foul, booking
Strange isn't it? I wonder if this contributes to Premiership sides underachieving at European level? :confused:
El Stevo
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Strange isn't it? I wonder if this contributes to Premiership sides underachieving at European level? :confused:
winning is hardly underachieving

yes they are two completely different games
sb1986
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
some of the ppl on this thread are utter idiots, cant they just accept we won the champions league? Shame to them! They are a disgrace...
El Stevo
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by sb1986)
some of the ppl on this thread are utter idiots, cant they just accept we won the champions league? Shame to them! They are a disgrace...
"You have given out too much Reputation in the last 24 hours, try again later."
NDGAARONDI
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
winning is hardly underachieving
This season yes. But Arsenal always never progress beyond the quarter finals. Man Utd with such a big club, should do better IMO. So if Chelsea raise the standards for the title here, hopefully that will make them play better in Europe.
sb1986
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
"You have given out too much Reputation in the last 24 hours, try again later."
Lol thanks anyway!
Jump
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
le shoulder barger

europe - foul, booking

crunching tackle

europe - foul, booking
That could explain why Garcia et al are less effective in the prem
El Stevo
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
This season yes. But Arsenal always never progress beyond the quarter finals. Man Utd with such a big club, should do better IMO. So if Chelsea raise the standards for the title here, hopefully that will make them play better in Europe.
by this, english football appears not on the same level as European football. (even though it is probably the moat european of the lot as regards players)liverpool played european football in europe, but arent so good at english football. chelsea can play both. arsenal try play a slick passing game ending with perfect goals, which isn't european football, or english for that matter. its just like watchin brazil at times. everton football is very british, but i'd be surprised if they feature in the cl.
NDGAARONDI
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
by this, english football appears not on the same level as European football. (even though it is probably the moat european of the lot as regards players)liverpool played european football in europe, but arent so good at english football. chelsea can play both. arsenal try play a slick passing game ending with perfect goals, which isn't european football, or english for that matter. its just like watchin brazil at times. everton football is very british, but i'd be surprised if they feature in the cl.
Yeah Arsenal I think need to change a fair bit to progress properly in the CL. And people think L'pool should reside over Everton on that basis, why not replace Everton with Arsenal? Just a moot point, not something I personally advocate.
fernando
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
i just dont want everton to be too worn out from CL (even if they dont qualify) and domestic cups/league and suffer a massive place drop
El Stevo
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
why not replace Everton with Arsenal? Just a moot point, not something I personally advocate.
eh? dont follow you...
NDGAARONDI
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
eh? dont follow you...
Seen comments about if it was a choice between Liverpool OR Everton for the CL next season some say Liverpool because they would progress well. But Arsenal don't progress that much themselves but people don't complain they're in there. Follow me now?
fernando
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Yeah Arsenal I think need to change a fair bit to progress properly in the CL. And people think L'pool should reside over Everton on that basis, why not replace Everton with Arsenal? Just a moot point, not something I personally advocate.
or Man U seeing as recently they havent done so well on the CL - nothing i would suggest though as Man U easily qualified for the CL this season (no surprise there)
NDGAARONDI
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by fernando)
or Man U seeing as recently they havent done so well on the CL - nothing i would suggest though as Man U easily qualified for the CL this season (no surprise there)
Exactly.
NDGAARONDI
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Guess who's La Liga's second highest goal scorer?
El Stevo
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Seen comments about if it was a choice between Liverpool OR Everton for the CL next season some say Liverpool because they would progress well. But Arsenal don't progress that much themselves but people don't complain they're in there. Follow me now?
ahh. i do... except i personally never took the stance of give liverpool everton's spot etc - hence my not getting what you were driving at. but yes, its a good an argument as any i've seen.
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you voted in today's general election?

Yes (15)
46.88%
No (9)
28.13%
I'm not old enough (8)
25%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed