Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Good for you guys. Carroll is rubbish.
Avi
Badges: 0
Report 14 years ago
carrol jsut left today....who r man u going to get to replace him? A first team goalie or a back up to howard?
mc_watson87
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 14 years ago
(Original post by Avi)
carrol jsut left today....who r man u going to get to replace him? A first team goalie or a back up to howard?
Better be a first team goalie!

Neva neva shud have sold Barthez, Ferguson was insane to!
fernando
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by mc_watson87)
Oh. Dear. God

United only have Howard now!

Oh my dear lord.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/foot...td/4586683.stm
its for the best - ferguson watches too many of those sky + ads
NDGAARONDI
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by sb1986)
some of the ppl on this thread are utter idiots, cant they just accept we won the champions league? Shame to them! They are a disgrace...
To be fair some people are still on about how England are better than Portugal but look at who knocked who out of the competition.

If the best team in Europe is Liverpool because they won the CL, then the best country at football in Europe is Greece. :rolleyes:
Rainy
Badges: 14
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by NDGAARONDI)
To be fair some people are still on about how England are better than Portugal but look at who knocked who out of the competition.

If the best team in Europe is Liverpool because they won the CL, then the best country at football in Europe is Greece. :rolleyes:
He never said anything about Liverpool being the best club in europe. He said that we overcame many of the best teams in europe to become deserved champions, and that people should respect that.
sb1986
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago

ah shut up, i never said we are the best team im saying we are european champions and won the champions league, but some ppl keep talking about how it should have been chelsea blah blah blah. They need to accept that it was an amazing achievment and stop trying to put us down.

Its better then buying the premiership, nothing much to gloat about there eh. Give any team a russian ******* to buy players and they will win the league 'oh wow'
tis_me_lord
Report 14 years ago
Who are the other 7 players that they're letting go?
Rainy
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by tis_me_lord)
Who are the other 7 players that they're letting go?
Ramon Calliste, Ben Collett, Daniel Nardiello, David Poole, Lee Lawrence and Paul Tierney.
tis_me_lord
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Raindance)
Ramon Calliste, Ben Collett, Daniel Nardiello, David Poole, Lee Lawrence and Paul Tierney.
Nobody that matters, then.
NDGAARONDI
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by sb1986)
ah shut up, i never said we are the best team im saying we are european champions and won the champions league, but some ppl keep talking about how it should have been chelsea blah blah blah. They need to accept that it was an amazing achievment and stop trying to put us down.

Its better then buying the premiership, nothing much to gloat about there eh. Give any team a russian ******* to buy players and they will win the league 'oh wow'
You're just bitter because you're only 30 or so points behind. And as if Liverpool can talk about finances, forget who was spending tons of £££ whilst Everton were struggling for survival. Then you have other teams doing it etc.

To be fair, I know some people who can take non-league sides to the CL within 10 sides with the finances of Man Utd, let alone Chelsea. Get used to the £££ involved, otherwise pick up hurling or some other sport that's no so rigged in £££, rugby's another.

I'm just saying it b/c some poeple (not you but many at work) say that Liverpool are the best team in Europe by virtue of winning the Champions League. Therefore, anyone who wins the World Cup/European Championship is best in the world/Europe respectively.

It's an amazing achievement nonetheless.
sb1986
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
You're just bitter because you're only 30 or so points behind. And as if Liverpool can talk about finances, forget who was spending tons of £££ whilst Everton were struggling for survival. Then you have other teams doing it etc.

To be fair, I know some people who can take non-league sides to the CL within 10 sides with the finances of Man Utd, let alone Chelsea. Get used to the £££ involved, otherwise pick up hurling or some other sport that's no so rigged in £££, rugby's another.

I'm just saying it b/c some poeple (not you but many at work) say that Liverpool are the best team in Europe by virtue of winning the Champions League. Therefore, anyone who wins the World Cup/European Championship is best in the world/Europe respectively.

Thats all i wanted to hear innit. Yeah i was being bitter cos i was annoyed..
Rainy
Report 14 years ago
I'll ignore the rest of it, but thank you! Well done on the league, it won't be so easy next year. :beer:
NDGAARONDI
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Raindance)
I'll ignore the rest of it, but thank you! Well done on the league, it won't be so easy next year. :beer:
Yes I know. I'm expecting you to improve at least 15 points upon last season, but this may sound strange, I have an inclination that Bolton could improve upon last season's results despite their entrace to the UEFA Cup and their aging squad.

:beer:
Rainy
Report 14 years ago
Yes I know. I'm expecting you to improve at least 15 points upon last season, but this may sound strange, I have an inclination that Bolton could improve upon last season's results despite their entrace to the UEFA Cup and their aging squad.

:beer:
Sami's a good manager, there's nothing much else to say. He's capable of being a moaner to rival the ginger kilt-wearing munter across Stanley Park, but he's one of the few decent english managers & a good bloke.

I really don't know about Bolton. They're unlikely to get any new signings, unless you count Diouf as one. UEFA Cup means far more games for them, no Hierro any more, and as you said - an aging squad. Good luck to them anyway.
NDGAARONDI
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
True, the extra games will have an effect but they can always have some of our rejects, Birmingham have had enough of ours, time to spread them out to other teams.
Rainy
Report 14 years ago
Malcolm Glazer has provided no assurances to Manchester United's board about future debt levels, ticket prices, transfer funds, non-interference in team selection or even Old Trafford's status as a club-owned property, according to United's chairman, Sir Roy Gardner, who yesterday announced his imminent resignation as a result of Glazer's takeover.
I admit, even I feel sorry for them.
Rainy
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by UEFA)
Trophy Girlfriend
And after getting his hands on the trophy, now Liverpool's property after their fith win in the competition, Gerrard was not letting go. Fellow hero Vladimír Šmicer revealed: "The cup ended up with Stevie G in his room. His girlfriend wasn't here, so he had the cup in his bed instead."
Couldn't resist...
Jump
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by mc_watson87)
Better be a first team goalie!

Neva neva shud have sold Barthez, Ferguson was insane to!
Totally agree Barthez was a bit crazy but he was certainly a world class keeper.
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Which party will you be voting for in the General Election?

Conservatives (119)
19.8%
Labour (303)
50.42%
Liberal Democrats (79)
13.14%
Green Party (30)
4.99%
Brexit Party (7)
1.16%
Independent Group for Change (Change UK) (3)
0.5%
SNP (13)
2.16%
Plaid Cymru (3)
0.5%
Democratic Unionist Party (DUP) (0)
0%
Sinn Fein (6)
1%
SDLP (0)
0%
Ulster Unionist (3)