This discussion is closed.
fernando
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by rmyl)
congrats to west ham fans. premiership here they come again
good to see them back up - has sheringham said he would say on at WH for another season?

(oh yeah vBookie ca$h)
fernando
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/foot...td/4591031.stm

about Man U's Nike Deal - Nike aren't happy with the underperformance of the club
NDGAARONDI
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
I dislike the idea of play offs.[/rant]
m:)ckel
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Play-offs are interesting. They're one of the highlights of the back of the season, imo (esp Division 1/Championship).
TheWolf
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by TheSun)
Fergie's Nikemare - 17 hrs ago
='( I hate the way TheSun always do crappy wordplay.
NDGAARONDI
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by mockel)
Play-offs are interesting. They're one of the highlights of the back of the season, imo (esp Division 1/Championship).
But it means a team with quite a lot less points gets promoted, e.g. West Ham over Ipswich. Just another excuse to get people to pay.
idiopathic
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by TheWolf)
='( I hate the way TheSun always do crappy wordplay.
=|

(Original post by The Sun on Liverpool's European win)
'The IncREDibles'
@@
sb1986
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by NDGAARONDI)
Kuz made no mention of Wenger about winning the CL!
ok then arsenal dont have the skills
NDGAARONDI
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by sb1986)
ok then arsenal dont have the skills
Not sure it's totally about skill but more about style?
TheWolf
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by endeavour)
=|

@@
*faints*
m:)ckel
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
But it means a team with quite a lot less points gets promoted, e.g. West Ham over Ipswich. Just another excuse to get people to pay.
I know. The beauty of it.
Although it does seem unfair to the third placed team (e.g. Ipswich), in a way, it makes all those play-off chasing teams strive for the top 2 positions. And a team who scrapes into 6th place knows they're season's still not over.
sb1986
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Not sure it's totally about skill but more about style?
yeh agree, whereas this season liverpool didnt have the right attitude/style/[determination!] to do well in the league, but good enough for the CL [rafas knowhow], arsenal seem to be the opposite.
NDGAARONDI
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by mockel)
I know. The beauty of it.
Although it does seem unfair to the third placed team (e.g. Ipswich), in a way, it makes all those play-off chasing teams strive for the top 2 positions. And a team who scrapes into 6th place knows they're season's still not over.
Some supporters of teams that have played in the play-offs claim it is better ebcause those that win the play-offs deserve to go up because they're against stronger opposition. But in the league they all face everyone else. And what's the saying about the Premiership? The Premiership never lies. Imagine if we had play-offs for the CL and Bolton got 4th spot.

I don't know any stats on this or anything but I wonder how well those who got promoted in the play-offs to the Premiership compared to those who went in automatically, and how many teams who came 3rd actually won the play-offs. People claim money is no object. So why not make the attendance to games free?
NDGAARONDI
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
yeh agree, whereas this season liverpool didnt have the right attitude/style/[determination!] to do well in the league, but good enough for the CL [rafas knowhow], arsenal seem to be the opposite.
For some reason I think if Arsenal get drawn against teams like Barcelona they'd do better than if they were drawn against Bayern Munich.
chats
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Woooooooooooooo West Hammmmmm!!!!
sb1986
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
The Romans (AC Milan) Shall Fall In The Land of The East (Turkey) By A Red Wave (Liverpool & Fans) That Swomps Them, The Wave Will Be Led By A Warlord From Spain (Rafa Benitez) And Shall Be Great In Victory In This They Are 5th Victorious (It Was Our 5th Victory In European Cup Final).

Extract from the book The Da Vinci Code
Slightly spooky
Ziggy Stardust
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Been workin all day

Forssell deal to come to Everton close, woohoo! :cool:
kpg
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
It's not about attitude if your best achievment in the european cup is a quarter final spot season after season. Wenger is a brilliant manager but needs to learn how to play in Europe succesfully. Even Gerard Houllier was more tuned into the european game than Wenger.
fernando
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by afireinside©)
Been workin all day

Forssell deal to come to Everton close, woohoo! :cool:
chelsea are idiots to sell forssell esp. since he's considered homegrown and has a possible future with the club (+ chelsea need a striker)
oblivious
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Is his nickname the FORCE ? cos i'm liking it already
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Did you vote in the 2019 general election?

Yes (409)
43.6%
No (98)
10.45%
I'm not old enough (431)
45.95%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed