The Ultimate Football Thread Watch

This discussion is closed.
Ziggy Stardust
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Jump)
I think they are seriously underrated, when it comes to random animals people immeadiatedly think about the mighty wilderbeast and elk but infact a hefty tuna could easily take them both.
Not wrong man, I think scientists should make a GIANT tuna, and release it into the ocean. It'd be the king of the ocean, the true fishy monster :cool:
Jump
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by afireinside©)
Not wrong man, I think scientists should make a GIANT tuna, and release it into the ocean. It'd be the king of the ocean, the true fishy monster :cool:
True, true.

Anyway I'm off for some revision and sleep, laters dude.
Jump
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Just saw this... would be good to have Figo for a season or too.

http://www.manutd.com/news/fullstory...goryid=599&edf
sb1986
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Last week they were saying we are basically in the CL next season, this week they are saying we arent. So annoying: http://www.newsnow.co.uk/cgi/NGoto/97226975?-11194
Lil' Miss Smiley
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Not long to wait for the final decision now.
~Sam~
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Everyone keeps going on about not being able to change the rules in the middle of a season, but the season has finished!
sb1986
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by ~Sam~)
Everyone keeps going on about not being able to change the rules in the middle of a season, but the season has finished!
I know, Uefa dont want us in there.
rmyl
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
grrr, i want to know now!!!! hehe
the uefa are such suck ups, everytime they comment on it its a different answer
kpg
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
UEFA and the FA can go **** themselves if they dont let us in. It's their loss. It'll be egg on the faces of the fat cats at Soho Square if and when Everton's inexperience in Europe is shown up and Arsenal's annual struggle in Europe comes to an end in the quarter finals, and Liverpool, the current holders and highest english team are marching onto uefa cup victory.

Can't wait to see the response of the tournament sponsors and the G14 if we're not allowed in the competition next year.
Rainy
Badges: 14
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by rmyl)
grrr, i want to know now!!!! hehe
the uefa are such suck ups, everytime they comment on it its a different answer
I wouldn't worry too much. Mifsud is the only person to outwardly say that we shouldn't be in it. There are other officials, even the president, of UEFA who are on our side. That, as well as the lobbying of the FA and th competition sponsors should mean that they'd have a very tough time rejecting our case. We've also had numerous other bodies, clubs, players and people who agree that it'd make a mockery of UEFA to reject us.
jamlan
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by sb1986)
Last week they were saying we are basically in the CL next season, this week they are saying we arent. So annoying: http://www.newsnow.co.uk/cgi/NGoto/97226975?-11194
But that's th same argument we were hearing against our inclusion weeks ago. It's not really news, it's someone talking to th media about an opinion that we all already knew existed! He's just re-iterating th argument against. And anyway, it's just one guy against the presidents of UEFA and FIFA, G14, the FA and most of th rest of UEFA, plus th sponsors of th tournament
sb1986
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Baros DROPPED the CL trophy and dented the handle!!

http://anfieldroad.com/index.php?opt...=453&Itemid=51
El Stevo
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by sb1986)
Baros DROPPED the CL trophy and dented the handle!!

http://anfieldroad.com/index.php?opt...=453&Itemid=51
he's left his mark then...
sb1986
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by El Stevo)
he's left his mark then...
Yep, apparently Thommo done it to the FA cup back in 1992.
Ziggy Stardust
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by kpg)
UEFA and the FA can go **** themselves if they dont let us in. It's their loss. It'll be egg on the faces of the fat cats at Soho Square if and when Everton's inexperience in Europe is shown up and Arsenal's annual struggle in Europe comes to an end in the quarter finals, and Liverpool, the current holders and highest english team are marching onto uefa cup victory.

Can't wait to see the response of the tournament sponsors and the G14 if we're not allowed in the competition next year.
You're so bitter.
Rainy
Report 14 years ago
You're so bitter.
Can't really be bitter about a decision that hasn't been made...?

How;s it going? Any more news on the Everton front? I had a dream last night that Everton reached the semis of the CL next season... but then the crowd started singing 'It's a grand old team to play far' which gave the tragedy a bit of comic relief...
Ziggy Stardust
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
[QUOTE=Raindance]Can't really be bitter about a decision that hasn't been made...?/QUOTE]

Just the way s/he started ****ging off EFC/AFC just because we've qualified really..

(Original post by Raindance)
How;s it going? Any more news on the Everton front? I had a dream last night that Everton reached the semis of the CL next season... but then the crowd started singing 'It's a grand old team to play far' which gave the tragedy a bit of comic relief...
Going well matey, youself?
News on the EFC front, hmm.. Forssell expected to sign tomorrow/over the weekend, Scott Parker talks ongoing, were linked with a Danish CB (playing tonight against Finland, Forssell on bench) for 4m but EFC didn't wanna pay that much as he's mainly unproven, Cudicini linked then quickly unlinked.. linked with Huth, until Chelsea said he aint for sale, linked with just about anybody you can think of at the moment!
New investors looking at EFC, save gang that bought Spurs not to long back before selling them again.. hmm!
Rainy
Report 14 years ago
Going well matey, youself?
News on the EFC front, hmm.. Forssell expected to sign tomorrow/over the weekend, Scott Parker talks ongoing, were linked with a Danish CB (playing tonight against Finland, Forssell on bench) for 4m but EFC didn't wanna pay that much as he's mainly unproven, Cudicini linked then quickly unlinked.. linked with Huth, until Chelsea said he aint for sale, linked with just about anybody you can think of at the moment!
New investors looking at EFC, save gang that bought Spurs not to long back before selling them again.. hmm!
Yeh, I've read a bit about this Shore consortium bid. Would be interesting to say the least. As a red, I have to wish you terrible luck with these new signings, but I can see that they'll do a job for you. Next season will definitely be interesting. You're not the only ones who are getting linked with just about everyone. Crouch, Zenden, Shawky, Hargreaves are the latest mediocricies linked to us. They won't happen though, it's probably more of a case of the scouts testing the water. That said, Zenden on a free wouldn't be too objectionable.
NDGAARONDI
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Should I expect more rubbish signings by Jose Mourinho?
fernando
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by kpg)
the G14 want you guys in anyway - hardly surprising + you're in it
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Which party will you be voting for in the General Election?

Conservatives (60)
18.99%
Labour (154)
48.73%
Liberal Democrats (45)
14.24%
Green Party (20)
6.33%
Brexit Party (4)
1.27%
Independent Group for Change (Change UK) (3)
0.95%
SNP (7)
2.22%
Plaid Cymru (2)
0.63%
Democratic Unionist Party (DUP) (0)
0%
Sinn Fein (4)
1.27%
SDLP (0)
0%
Ulster Unionist (1)
0.32%
UKIP (6)
1.9%
Other (0)
0%
None (10)
3.16%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise