The Student Room Group
Reply 18300
NDGAARONDI
It includes Huth yes. That was overlooked by someone who compared the youth academy system after the Liverpool v Chelsea CL showdown.

I think that was me... and although I'm fairly sure Huth was there, I might have overlooked him. If not, he was there in spirit. I see that Chelsea are completely and utterly tearing that UEFA rule into shreds. The rule is fairly ridiculous, as it essentially allows 18 year olds bought by the club to be referred to as 'home grown'. That doesn't constitute home grown to me. From now on, Chelsea will be linked to every football teenager under the sun, whereas most other clubs will make do with their academies instead.

Good luck to them.
rmyl
well no, not to me. but people had objections to liking mr. jose mourinho (the sex god himself) so i thought they would to me saying that :p:
kinky

Nah people were saying that as an excuse because may be they do not like Mourinho? :biggrin:
Raindance
I think that was me... and although I'm fairly sure Huth was there, I might have overlooked him. If not, he was there in spirit. I see that Chelsea are completely and utterly tearing that UEFA rule into shreds. The rule is fairly ridiculous, as it essentially allows 18 year olds bought by the club to be referred to as 'home grown'. That doesn't constitute home grown to me. From now on, Chelsea will be linked to every football teenager under the sun, whereas most other clubs will make do with their academies instead.

Good luck to them.

I thought the rule itself was ridiculous. Thought it had good intentions, read up on it and then realised you can get around it buy buying early. They couldn't have made a law based on nationality because of legal reasons ( although the Premier League overlook this regarding rule K3 and rule Q :rolleyes: ). I heard it's to stop the rich clubs getting even more rich. Funny how they decided to implement this limit in when Abramovich took Chelsea, and I guess Real Madrid's big spendings were a dream? :eek:

If you want 'better' homegrown players. Look at the youth league - Southampton and Ipswich have good academies. West Ham may be a good one too.
Reply 18303
NDGAARONDI
Nah people were saying that as an excuse because may be they do not like Mourinho? :biggrin:

oh ok yeah. hehe
everyone secretly fancies him (or not always secretly - hehe mockel) :p:
Reply 18304
NDGAARONDI
If you want 'better' homegrown players. Look at the youth league - Southampton and Ipswich have good academies. West Ham may be a good one too.

:dito: Southampton seems to have one of the best academies in the country in my opinion
rmyl
:dito: Southampton seems to have one of the best academies in the country in my opinion

They won the youth league I think this season and beat Ipswich in the FA Youth Cup in the final. For some reason that's over two legs!
Reply 18306
NDGAARONDI
They won the youth league I think this season and beat Ipswich in the FA Youth Cup in the final. For some reason that's over two legs!

maybe they can't get the funding to hold it somewhere big (i.e. cardiff) so that the location is neutral. also a two leg fixture brings in more money (twice the tickets) i suppose
Reply 18307
NDGAARONDI
I thought the rule itself was ridiculous. Thought it had good intentions, read up on it and then realised you can get around it buy buying early.

I agree, you cannot have a rule encouraging the development of local talent, without breaching EU law on the freedom of movement of labour across borders. What we've ended up with is this. The intentions are admirable, but unfortunately it's not not feasible - partly because of the presence of loopholes such as the above.
Raindance
I agree, you cannot have a rule encouraging the development of local talent, without breaching EU law on the freedom of movement of labour across borders. What we've ended up with is this. The intentions are admirable, but unfortunately it's not not feasible - partly because of the presence of loopholes such as the above.

Hmmm isn't there a rule for youth teams to only have players who live within 3 or 5 miles of their club? Might be old news, but that doesn't take care of population density so you can imagine what I'd mention there.
Hey NDGAARONDI,

Kiss your precious Forssell goodbye! :wink: :biggrin:

Love Dan
xxx
afireinside©
Hey NDGAARONDI,

Love Dan
xxx

Ewww. :rolleyes:

That's alright, we'll stick Scott Sinclair against you and he'll get the winner. :wink:
Reply 18311
afireinside©
Hey NDGAARONDI,

Love Dan
xxx

hehe, you're so friendly afi, hehe
awww and with three kisses as well. awwwwww :p:
NDGAARONDI
Ewww. :rolleyes:

That's alright, we'll stick Scott Sinclair against you and he'll get the winner. :wink:

Haha and there was you last week denying he'd be leaving.. :p: :cool:
I'm sooooooo happy we're gonna sign him! :biggrin:

xx
rmyl
hehe, you're so friendly afi, hehe
awww and with three kisses as well. awwwwww :p:

Awww two hugs and a kiss for you! :redface: :smile:
rmyl
maybe they can't get the funding to hold it somewhere big (i.e. cardiff) so that the location is neutral. also a two leg fixture brings in more money (twice the tickets) i suppose

Should ask for a bursery from the Premier League, they get enough from big clubs fine as it is. :rolleyes:
Reply 18315
afireinside©
Awww two hugs and a kiss for you! :redface: :smile:

why thankyou :redface: :biggrin:
Reply 18316
afireinside©

xx

Calm down, calm down like. He's not that amazing. Only scored 17 goals for Birmingham last season, got injured, and has done sweet nothing for Chelsea all of this season! :wink: :p:
Denmark 1 - 0 Finland
Agger was playing for Denmark and Forssell got 15 minutes for Finland but only got about 3 touches

NOW GET ON THAT PLANE FORCE!!!

Parker next! c'mon !!!
afireinside©

xx

The main thing I'm concerned with is having enough strength and depth in the squad and at youth level along regarding the UEFA criteria and having a decent amount of British players too. Plus Forssell has a long term injury which is not recoverable, I think.
NDGAARONDI
The main thing I'm concerned with is having enough strength and depth in the squad and at youth level along regarding the UEFA criteria and having a decent amount of British players too. Plus Forssell has a long term injury which is not recoverable, I think.

i know hes been on medication recently to try to ease the problem

Latest