The Ultimate Football Thread Watch

This discussion is closed.
Jump
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Apperently we might be getting Van der Sar - seems like another temporary fix, imo. Would much rather see Isaksson come to Old Trafford.
LH
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by NDGAARONDI)
Only on the basis that La Liga is more of an attacking league than ours so that means more chances at goal etc? After all the leagues finished I just looked at La Liga's final standings and looked at the goals for column - amazing. And wanted to see why Serie A is known for it's defensive side.
As for La Liga/Prem comparisons, I would say they're pretty similar goal-wise. The Prem's been a bit unusual this season in that of the big three clubs, only one has had a high-scoring striker. Chelsea have had a lot of goals from midfield etc and Utd got their goals from loads of different people so only Henry and Johnson have managed to get 20+ goals.
NDGAARONDI
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by mc_watson87)
Amazing hey? ...Was very similar to the premiership...5 more goals in total over 35,340 minutes.

Total goals scored was 980 in La Liga, 975 in Prem and 960 in Serie A. Was one of Serie A's best seasons in terms of goals scored and one of the Premiership's worst.
Well, I just paid attention to the top clubs. Never did a count. Wonder why La Liga has this reputation then. :confused:
NDGAARONDI
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Jump)
Apperently we might be getting Van der Sar - seems like another temporary fix, imo. Would much rather see Isaksson come to Old Trafford.
If Isaakson moved to Man Utd and they're playing Chelsea, two goalkeepers who once played with each will be against each other. :cool:
Jump
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
If Isaakson moved to Man Utd and they're playing Chelsea, two goalkeepers who once played with each will be against each other. :cool:
True, apperently Isaksson (or is it Isaakson :confused: ) has filled Cech's shoes quite well and considering how good he has looked for Chelsea, I can only imagine Isaksson must be alright himself.
mc_watson87
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 14 years ago
(Original post by LH)
As for La Liga/Prem comparisons, I would say they're pretty similar goal-wise. The Prem's been a bit unusual this season in that of the big three clubs, only one has had a high-scoring striker. Chelsea have had a lot of goals from midfield etc and Utd got their goals from loads of different people so only Henry and Johnson have managed to get 20+ goals.
Indeed! And Chelsea's annoyingly incredible defencive record has also skewed the total goals scored.

Well, I just paid attention to the top clubs. Never did a count. Wonder why La Liga has this reputation then. :confused:
Top 3 in La Liga:

Barca scored 73
Real Madrid scored 71
Villareal scored 69

Total: 213

Top 3 in Prem:

Chelsea scored 72
Arsenal scored 87
United scored 58 ()

Total: 217
NDGAARONDI
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Jump)
True, apperently Isaksson (or is it Isaakson :confused: ) has filled Cech's shoes quite well and considering how good he has looked for Chelsea, I can only imagine Isaksson must be alright himself.
Andreas Isaksson.
rmyl
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Anybody watching the women's euro 2005 championship? 7.00pm on BBC1 i think. I've not watched womens football on tv before. should be a new experience
good luck england!!!!
sb1986
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
I have two large flags bought on eBay. The ironic thing is that the person selling them has spurs in his username.
The guy's parents probably bought him it not knowing who he supports. I remember once my mum got me a manu t-shirt cos it was on special offer, typical indian parent!
Jump
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by rmyl)
Anybody watching the women's euro 2005 championship? 7.00pm on BBC1 i think. I've not watched womens football on tv before. should be a new experience
good luck england!!!!
I always hear about big games in womens football and thinking it could be a good game, I'll flick on the TV only to be disappointed everytime. So I've come to the conclusion that womens football is rubbish!

Having said that I still hope England win!
rmyl
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Jump)
I always hear about big games in womens football and thinking it could be a good game, I'll flick on the TV only to be disappointed everytime. So I've come to the conclusion that womens football is rubbish!

Having said that I still hope England win!
yeah, i have to agree with that. but hey, i'll show my support and watch it anyway. it just seems a little strange watching women play still, i don't think my attitude to that'll ever change, wish it could. i wish i could still play footie, but donno if its my thing anymore. oh well :p:
NDGAARONDI
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Indeed! And Chelsea's annoyingly incredible defencive record has also skewed the total goals scored.
Italian sides are known for their defence when the best defence in Serie A this year was Juventus who conceded 27 goals and scored 67. Whilst Chelsea let in only 15 and scored 72.

Top 3 in La Liga:

Barca scored 73
Real Madrid scored 71
Villareal scored 69

Total: 213

Top 3 in Prem:

Chelsea scored 72
Arsenal scored 87
United scored 58 ()

Total: 217
Interesting comparisons.
NDGAARONDI
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by sb1986)
The guy's parents probably bought him it not knowing who he supports.
I got two bargains so I'm not worrying.

I remember once my mum got me a manu t-shirt cos it was on special offer, typical indian parent!
Woah! :eek: That's like me getting some Arsenal gear, shocking.
rmyl
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
The guy's parents probably bought him it not knowing who he supports. I remember once my mum got me a manu t-shirt cos it was on special offer, typical indian parent!
lol, aww thats sooo sweet hehe
sb1986
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by rmyl)
lol, aww thats sooo sweet hehe
I was about 10 at the time, lol [remember now im 49 ]
rmyl
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
I was about 10 at the time, lol [remember now im 49 ]
hehe, oh yeah. gosh that was along time ago!!! even further behind than when sharp was on the man u shirts!!! hehe
is it me or does that man u shirt always stick in your mind when you think of man utd. I think they should revive it.
sb1986
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by rmyl)
hehe, oh yeah. gosh that was along time ago!!! even further behind than when sharp was on the man u shirts!!! hehe
is it me or does that man u shirt always stick in your mind when you think of man utd. I think they should revive it.
It must be just you, cos I think Vodafone everytime I think manu....anyway I need to revise!! :mad:
rmyl
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
It must be just you, cos I think Vodafone everytime I think manu....anyway I need to revise!! :mad:
lol, ok.me too, ta tar xxx
Ziggy Stardust
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Anybody got any exciting football news to tell?
Apparently Newcastle are plotting to hijack the Scott Parker/Everton deal.. :rolleyes:
sb1986
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by afireinside©)
Anybody got any exciting football news to tell?
Apparently Newcastle are plotting to hijack the Scott Parker/Everton deal.. :rolleyes:
Even as a RED I would tell Parker not to go Newcastle, they are crap!
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you work while at uni?

Yes I work at university (90)
33.83%
No I don't (125)
46.99%
I work during the holidays (51)
19.17%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise