The Ultimate Football Thread Watch

This discussion is closed.
Zapsta
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by piginapoke)
To be honest I hadn't read or seen much about this til I watched the news earlier, but it sounds like it could be a goer. Beckham has faults but he's still a fairly snazzy player, can take a decent free kick and knock in a few crosses. Perfect steady wide right man to accompany Duff's pace on the left, it'll be a bit like Giggs and Beckham at Man U.
They'll probably sign Joaquin. Joaquin and Duff on the wings. Terrifying.
mc_watson87
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 15 years ago
(Original post by TheWolf)
40 million (apparently) for beckham is a rubbish deal for us...beckham wont add any speed into our team either :confused:
Not really that rubbish, considering ya basically have an infinite supply of money. Also he is a good right winger, which Chelski lack at the moment.
Kuz
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Ljunberg leavin Arsenal.....?.....Anybody else heard this rumour? Or is this some cruel nightmare that I'll wake up from very shortly?

:confused: :confused: :confused:
Zapsta
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Kuz)
Ljunberg leavin Arsenal.....?.....Anybody else heard this rumour? Or is this some cruel nightmare that I'll wake up from very shortly?

:confused: :confused: :confused:
Don't worry, he's not very good. Apparently he does a lot of advertising work for fashion companies in the US so Real want him as a marketing ploy.
Kuz
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Zapsta)
Don't worry, he's not very good. Apparently he does a lot of advertising work for fashion companies in the US so Real want him as a marketing ploy.
Excuse you!

Ljunberg is good, he is an essential player at moment for our midfield! I'm not keen on him leavin at all, I don't know who would fill his position properly! The way you said that post (sorry if I read it wrong) was extremely patronising by the way!
TheWolf
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Kuz)
Excuse you!

Ljunberg is good, he is an essential player at moment for our midfield! I'm not keen on him leavin at all, I don't know who would fill his position properly! The way you said that post (sorry if I read it wrong) was extremely patronising by the way!
ljungberg has not had a great season lets put it this way
Zapsta
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Kuz)
Excuse you!

Only the first sentence! And maybe Van Persie would replace him? Pires on the right? Or Reyes on the left?
Kuz
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
ljungberg has not had a great season lets put it this way
True, but overall he is still a brilliant player!
TheWolf
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Kuz)
True, but overall he is still a brilliant player!
if you arent playing well you cant be a brilliant player :confused: he was a superb player last season
Zapsta
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
if you arent playing well you cant be a brilliant player :confused: he was a superb player last season
No he wasn't, he was superb the season before. He was worse last season than this season.
Kuz
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
The brilliance is there but it has failed to shine this season, we all know that! If he could just get his form to what it was...!
slim786
Report 15 years ago
As the saying goes form is temporary but class is permanent. In my opinion ljungberg is a good player who had one brilliant season but is not in the class of the other arsenal players so can't be expected to play as well as them.
TheWolf
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by slim786)
As the saying goes form is temporary but class is permanent. In my opinion ljungberg is a good player who had one brilliant season but is not in the class of the other arsenal players so can't be expected to play as well as them.
class is not permanent
slim786
Report 15 years ago
class is not permanent
Give examples of where class players have become distinctly average.
TheWolf
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
most players are rubbish when they too old...etc
mc_watson87
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 15 years ago
Gazza
TheWolf
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by mc_watson87)
Gazza
yea that was i was thinking too
slim786
Report 15 years ago
most players are rubbish when they too old...etc
I see your point but I mean just degenerate before they get old.
TheWolf
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
I see your point but I mean just degenerate before they get old.
veron?
slim786
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by mc_watson87)
Gazza
I'm thinking of footballers who look after themselves which most do in general. Zola is a great example of a player who looked after himself and still had class at an old age.
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Which party will you be voting for in the General Election?

Conservatives (60)
18.69%
Labour (158)
49.22%
Liberal Democrats (45)
14.02%
Green Party (20)
6.23%
Brexit Party (4)
1.25%
Independent Group for Change (Change UK) (3)
0.93%
SNP (7)
2.18%
Plaid Cymru (2)
0.62%
Democratic Unionist Party (DUP) (0)
0%
Sinn Fein (4)
1.25%
SDLP (0)
0%
Ulster Unionist (1)
0.31%
UKIP (6)
1.87%
Other (0)
0%
None (11)
3.43%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise