The Ultimate Football Thread Watch

This discussion is closed.
Ziggy Stardust
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by kpg)
Everton wouldnt even be in the competition if it wasnt for our UEFA cup win in 2001 so be thankful for what you've got
It's ok thou.. we'll draw you in the 3rd qualifying round and put you in the UEFA cup where you deserve to be :cool:
jamlan
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by afireinside©)
It's ok thou.. we'll draw you in the 3rd qualifying round and put you in the UEFA cup where you deserve to be :cool:
Meh. Even if it was possible to be drawn against eachother (i don't think it is), at least we would have been given the chance to defend the trophy.
:dancing:
Rainy
Badges: 14
Report 14 years ago
It's not possible, we both play in the same league so MU, Everton & Liverpool have to be separated.
sb1986
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
We can meet in the group stages and not before.
Ziggy Stardust
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Raindance)
It's not possible, we both play in the same league so MU, Everton & Liverpool have to be separated.
Liverpool will have no country protection in the qualifiers. You'll be seeded so won't be able to draw Man Ure, but can still get us
jamlan
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by sb1986)
We can meet in the group stages and not before.
Are you sure we can meet in the group stage? I thought they still kept teams from the same association apart in the group stage. But i'm not sure
kpg
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
No, Everton and Liverpool can meet (and uefa will surely do everythig in their power to make it happen) in the 3rd qualifying round because

-Liverpool are seeded
-Everton are unseeded
-Liverpool have no "country protection"
Rainy
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by kpg)
No, Everton and Liverpool can meet (and uefa will surely do everythig in their power to make it happen) in the 3rd qualifying round because

-Liverpool are seeded
-Everton are unseeded
-Liverpool have no "country protection"
Do we not? Interesting development. Glad we're seeded though... would rather be drawn Everton than Inter! :afraid:
jamlan
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Do we not? Interesting development. Glad we're seeded though... would rather be drawn Everton than Inter! :afraid:
AARGH Inter! Lucky they're seeded too
Kuz
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Although I'm pleased for Pool, it is unjust that the top place prem teams including my own that worked hard all season get screwed out of money for something that has nought to do with us!
Rainy
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by jamlan)
AARGH Inter! Lucky they're seeded too
The ironic thing is that we might have to play TNS in the 1st Round anyway!
jamlan
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
The ironic thing is that we might have to play TNS in the 1st Round anyway!
I'd like to see that. Short distance to travel. And TNS should make a packet out of it.
Kuz
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
However just realised Pool will lose money due to cancelation of pre-season friendlies and pre-season tour of asia in particular!.....It's a viscious circle my friends!
Ziggy Stardust
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
I wouldn't be as bothered if you hadn't robbed off with half of our money as well, but it's all cool; it'll have detrimental effects on your season :rofl:

Just think - you're pre-season is in turmoil, heheh!
kpg
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Kuz)
Although I'm pleased for Pool, it is unjust that the top place prem teams including my own that worked hard all season get screwed out of money for something that has nought to do with us!
Not our fault. The FA had a choice to make - everton or liverpool, they didnt have the balls to make the decision and are damned lucky that uefa have allowed the 5 team rule to pass so they get off blame free (kinda).

And it's not THAT much money anyway, if you progress further you'll get bags full of money anyway.
Rainy
Report 14 years ago
I wouldn't be as bothered if you hadn't robbed off with half of our money as well, but it's all cool; it'll have detrimental effects on your season :rofl:

Just think - you're pre-season is in turmoil, heheh!
Nah, it'll just be 2 extra games. We were going to have games in Japan and Germany, but those will be cancelled. But we also have the Super Cup final vs. Moscow to win!

I'm actually feeling a bit guilty of taking the money off of you guys, so sorry and all. But hey... swings and roundabouts.
jamlan
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Kuz)
However just realised Pool will lose money due to cancelation of pre-season friendlies and pre-season tour of asia in particular!.....It's a viscious circle my friends!
Someone on Sky Sports news suggested that we might send a weakened side or even a B Team out to those friendlies, rather than cancel them. There are two in the Far East and then against Cologne, and Bayer Leverkusen.
kpg
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Kuz)
Oh dear, it's not like we're going to be losing hundreds of millions of pounds ffs. Nowhere the money, exposure or increased fan base we got from winning the damn thing last season.
Rainy
Report 14 years ago
Somehow I find it fairly obvious that we'll get more money from being in the CL than from two games in Japan? :rolleyes:
m:)ckel
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Heh. Imagine a Liverpool-Everton 2 leg playoff in the 3rd Qualifying round!
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Did you vote in the 2019 general election?

Yes (315)
46.12%
No (75)
10.98%
I'm not old enough (293)
42.9%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise