The Ultimate Football Thread Watch

This discussion is closed.
Xenon
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by piginapoke)
I have it as a JPEG but its much bigger than the allowed attachment size for JPEGs and if I make it any smaller its unreadable I'll think of some way of getting it on, if only to revel in self glory.

I'm thinking a tenner on the draw and £20 on boro so I win a few bob no matter what happens, and I'll still make £193 if 'pool win.

EDIT this is vaguely readable if you zoom in...
The key word is "if" Liverpool win. They should really win, but they can get sort of unpredictable. 'Pool are now in the driving seat to take 4th spot, what with Newcastle win and stuff. Surely this should spur 'Pool on to win the remainder of games.
Juwel
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
I have it as a JPEG but its much bigger than the allowed attachment size for JPEGs and if I make it any smaller its unreadable I'll think of some way of getting it on, if only to revel in self glory.

I'm thinking a tenner on the draw and £20 on boro so I win a few bob no matter what happens, and I'll still make £193 if 'pool win.

EDIT this is vaguely readable if you zoom in...
I love those accumulators. Ever did the 4-4-2 thing at Coral? 'Tis ace.
Juwel
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
I can't really see them losing to boro who a) have no chance of getting into the CL spot and b) have loads of players missing and c) are rubbish away from home, but these things are never certain... Listen out for a roar coming from the North East if Liverpool win tomorrow
Erm I think you mean West, Boro are from the East...

(Don't worry I'm aware of your joke...)
Bigcnee
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
I hope Liverpool lose tomorrow, then if we beat crappy Spurs, then we will be in the driving seat.
Juwel
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
No Corals in my vicinity, what is the 4-4-2 thing?
An interesting accumulator, where you pick up to 11 players (in 4-4-2 formation) to do a certain thing, i.e. if you pick a:

- goalkeeper or defender, he must keep a clean sheet
- midfielder, he must score (at any time) in the match
- forward, he must be the first scorer in the match.

I won it once, on the weekend that Arsenal came to OT, £218 scant consolation for that result (off a £1 bet). I had Given, Terry, Ferdinand, Balde, Lampard and Owen.
Juwel
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Sounds too bloody complicated to me. These things are great when they come off but the bookies love them because they hardly ever do.

Interestingly, I never seem to pick any winners when sober. I put that coupon on in the middle of a boozing session.
It's quite simple in practice, and a bit of a thrill (because if betting is about money to you then you have a problem ).
Juwel
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
No its not really about the money, that's just a bonus; I like having something to shout about on a sunday, as otherwise the matches are just boring. An acca with the final team playing sunday can turn a dour match into a nailbiter.
Very true, and obviously it makes you interested in a match you wouldn't give a damn about. Glad to know you had a good weekend (thus far, touch wood) in terms of results, I certainly haven't.
LH
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Thank you Liverpool! I will just love picking up my £223 from the bookies
Well done
LH
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
I bet the Leeds fans all thought, ahh, 1-0 up, we're bound to win this one now.

Mwahahahahahahaha
LH
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Ta, that's paid for my UKL subscription for the next 3 1/2 years or so...
LOL - I bet d was supporting Liverpool today then!
LH
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Who knows what the great d does. Didn't anyone hear me shout 'penalty!' about 5:20pm then? I think the rest of my town did...
The wind must have been blowing the wrong way.
TheWolf
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
whats the situation with leeds at the moment - are they relegated or not? can they go through if they win the next two games? or does goal difference play a part as well?
LH
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by TheWolf)
whats the situation with leeds at the moment - are they relegated or not? can they go through if they win the next two games? or does goal difference play a part as well?
They're down - if they won their next two games and Man City lost theirs they would be on equal points but Man C have a much better goal difference.
TheWolf
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
They have to win both their games about 20-0 with Man City losing their games....
ahh :eek:
LH
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
They have to win both their games about 20-0 with Man City losing their games....
Even if both their next games were won 20-0 it would still be pushing it! Their goald differnce is -38 compared to City's -2.
Bigcnee
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Villa are up for the Champions League, where they should be.
LH
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
That's a difference of 36... seeing as City would need to lose their 2 games anyway Leeds only need to win 18-0 twice at the most... :rolleyes:
I think they can manage that!
LH
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Bigcnee)
Villa are up for the Champions League, where they should be.
It's good to see a club like Villa contending for the CL - they've been playing well and I think they could make a real impact on Europe.
Bigcnee
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Lord Huntroyde)
It's good to see a club like Villa contending for the CL - they've been playing well and I think they could make a real impact on Europe.
I'm more concerned about the much-needed financial boost it would give us. There are some good bargains up for grabs this summer: e.g. Van Bommel, Hofland, Kezman, and if we do secure that 4th spot, then Deadly will be forced to spend.
LH
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Bigcnee)
I'm more concerned about the much-needed financial boost it would give us. There are some good bargains up for grabs this summer: e.g. Van Bommel, Hofland, Kezman, and if we do secure that 4th spot, then Deadly will be forced to spend.
Villa's accountants will be very optimistic now - especially as English CL clubs generally get more than CL teams from other countries.
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Which party will you be voting for in the General Election?

Conservatives (119)
19.8%
Labour (303)
50.42%
Liberal Democrats (79)
13.14%
Green Party (30)
4.99%
Brexit Party (7)
1.16%
Independent Group for Change (Change UK) (3)
0.5%
SNP (13)
2.16%
Plaid Cymru (3)
0.5%
Democratic Unionist Party (DUP) (0)
0%
Sinn Fein (6)
1%
SDLP (0)
0%
Ulster Unionist (3)