The Student Room Group

Transfer from a Scottish University to an English University

I am in first year at a Scottish University and I want to move into an English University for 2nd year. Will I be able to do this even though the Scottish modular system is different to the English one?
Original post by HannibalLecture
I am in first year at a Scottish University and I want to move into an English University for 2nd year. Will I be able to do this even though the Scottish modular system is different to the English one?

If you complete 120 credits, then yes you should be able to. Otherwise, I have no idea I'm afraid - perhaps contact an English university you may be interested in?

If you want to transfer, you'll need to apply pretty quick via UCAS, as Extra is already open now. You could just apply and see what happens?
Reply 2
Original post by HannibalLecture

It depends on if the universities consider your course compatible, you'll need to email them to find out- it might be unlikely given that scottish university courses are 4 years and English ones only 3.
Appropriately qualified English school leavers can often go into year 2 of a Scottish degree. They have effectively spent the equivalent of Scottish university year 1 in school, so at the age of 18 both nationalities will be facing another 3 years of degree level education before graduating.The other way round (i.e. having completed a Scottish first year at university) only puts you in the same starting position as an A2 student in England (i.e. facing another three years before graduating), so you would be heading for starting with year 1 in England. However, there are always exceptions to things and the only way to find out in your case is to ask directly. I'd put money on no, though, partly because of the likely incompatibility of the course content.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending