The Student Room Group

When should I expect keys to my student house?

Rented a house and the contract starts on 15th July - when should I expect to get the keys from my landlord? And how will he provide me and my housemates with them, will we collect them? New to all this so any help would be appreciated
You'll get the keys on the day your tenancy starts. Either you'll get them at the house or from the letting agency etc. You should get info at some point on a time to pick them up.
Original post by SmallTownGirl
You'll get the keys on the day your tenancy starts. Either you'll get them at the house or from the letting agency etc. You should get info at some point on a time to pick them up.

Ok, our house has a private landlord, we didn't get it from a letting agency, so will he contact us to give us a time to pick them up on the day the tenancy starts?
Reply 3
He should do but if he hasn't nearer the date, contact him to ask him
Original post by LittleMissCurious
Ok, our house has a private landlord, we didn't get it from a letting agency, so will he contact us to give us a time to pick them up on the day the tenancy starts?

I'd suggest getting in contact with your landlord - they might not bother.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 5
I've seen a couple of private landlords just meet you at the house the day and time you told them you are moving in.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest