The Student Room Group

My smear test show HPV

I'm checked every three years standard as cervical cancer has killed three women in my family, my last test came back clear nothing wrong this one came back with hpv I have to have a colposcopy and see someone at the hospital.

My boyfriend had throat cancer which was removed at Christmas and we have been together just over two years, I never slept with anyone else but him since my last test.

He doesng give me oral but I do him how is this even possible and did he give this to me because I only give him oral sex as I'm not confident with his face being down there so if it's oral sex how can I be responsible Im really worried once I tell him he'll blame me for his throat but I was clear before can someone help me please as I'm confused
Reply 1
Also I visit GUM sexual health clinic every three months just to make sure there's no symptoms of cervical cancer or any thrush etc it just makes me feel reassured my last test was clear is HPV tested on sexual health clinic checks
I had a smear at the beginning of the year...thought nothing of it until I got a letter in the post saying I had signs of HPV. Of course, I began to panic and worry. I was referred to the Colopscopy unit where I had another smear and a sample taken. I received a letter a few weeks ago to say nothing to worry about as HPV can often solve itself on its own. But in the meantime I am to just keep an eye on things. I know full well who gave it to me as I was clear when I had my first smear.

I didn't think GUM checked you foe HPV? :dontknow: . .

Quick Reply

Latest