This discussion is closed.
hester
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 15 years ago
I have recentyl created a website giving advice to people who are applying to do art at university/college.

http://www.geocities.com/artatuni/

It should help people who are considering art courses, but I need other peoples input!!

I hope it helps people!

I'm not sure if I am allowed to 'promote' my site.. but since I'm not earningh from it, and its just there to help, I assume I can! And if I cant.. I'm sorry!!
LongGone
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by hester)
I have recentyl created a website giving advice to people who are applying to do art at university/college.

http://www.geocities.com/artatuni/

It should help people who are considering art courses, but I need other peoples input!!

I hope it helps people!

I'm not sure if I am allowed to 'promote' my site.. but since I'm not earningh from it, and its just there to help, I assume I can! And if I cant.. I'm sorry!!
That's a good site, lots of useful info. Well done
Ultranol
Badges: 0
Report 15 years ago
'I realised that Graphic Design is very different from Graphic Design for communication'

Just out of interest, how are they different?
hester
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 15 years ago
Ok, its a little difference, and i'm not the worlds most articulate person, but i'll try and explain it..

um, graphic design is bascially wider, its like designing posters, book covers, a whole range of things, and it also includes like animation and stuff.

Graphic information design is about desigining things that give out information, like.. all those public health posters and stuff, like textbook things, its more narrow.

I think anyway!! I'm not totally sure, but this is the idea that i got, you have to read the course outlines really carefully, thats all I'll say!
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you work while at uni?

Yes I work at university (91)
33.7%
No I don't (126)
46.67%
I work during the holidays (53)
19.63%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed