OIA experience (Office of the Independent Adjudicator)? Watch

_PJ_
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
I've only got a short time left to send my complaint, so please reply soon peoples, thank you

I'm taking my old university to the Office of the Independent Adjudicator (OIA). It relates to different issues, but I won't post all the details on here as I don't want them to get wind of it and have a chance to make things up, but essentially it comes down to a false accusation of using unfair means, a penalty that would be too high if I had used unfair means (which I didn't), discrimination, and the extremely low quality of the university. It will probably not surprise many of you that I'm referring to the University of Bolton.

So I was wondering what the experiences of others, with regards to the OIA, have been?

Additionally, I'd like to try to get my action against them in the local news. What angle would make a good story?

Due to the strength of my complaint, if OIA is fair then it's highly unlikely that I would have to seek a judicial review of an OIA decision, but if the decision is not in my favour then I'm willing to go that far too (as I have earned my PGDE fair and square and I'm not giving up). Would that help with a news story?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...

All the exam results help you need

people online now

students helped last year
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Dundee
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Mon, 26 Aug '19
  • University of Aberdeen
    General Open Day Undergraduate
    Tue, 27 Aug '19
  • Norwich University of the Arts
    Postgraduate (MA) Open Day Postgraduate
    Sat, 31 Aug '19

Do you have grade requirements for your sixth form/college?

At least 5 GCSEs at grade 4 (65)
14.41%
At least 5 GCSEs at grade 5 (70)
15.52%
At least 5 GCSEs at grade 6 (86)
19.07%
Higher than 5 GCSEs at grade 6 (181)
40.13%
Pass in English and Maths GCSE (21)
4.66%
No particular grades needed (28)
6.21%