The Student Room Group

A Controlled assessments and grade question?

Okay, so for those of you that do not know me, my name is Sam and I am asking a few brief questions Today.

First of all I want to know whether my Gcse grades will be enough for me to carry onto further education and University to do a science based job ; thinking of doing maybe biochem/pharmacy or optometry. Please note: I will put predicted next to grades which my teacher think I should achieve in my Gcse's and ones without predicted are the ones which I have already achieved.

Maths: Have achieved a C grade, going for a B grade in the Summer.
English Language: Have achieved a B grade.
Science core: Achieved a B grade. - Now taking triple.
Geography: Achieved a B grade.
History: B grade predicted.
Biology: B grade predicted.
Chemistry: B grade predicted.
English Lit: B grade predicted.
Physics: B grade predicted.
Spanish: D grade predicted.
Add Maths: Not expecting high on this!

How do my Gcse's look from a Univeristy, AS and A level perspective?

I have also got B's in all of my controlled assessments apart from Spanish, is there anyway that I could still get say and A or A* with 25% controlled assessments for each subject which are at a B grade?
Original post by skybluesam1
Okay, so for those of you that do not know me, my name is Sam and I am asking a few brief questions Today.

First of all I want to know whether my Gcse grades will be enough for me to carry onto further education and University to do a science based job ; thinking of doing maybe biochem/pharmacy or optometry. Please note: I will put predicted next to grades which my teacher think I should achieve in my Gcse's and ones without predicted are the ones which I have already achieved.

Maths: Have achieved a C grade, going for a B grade in the Summer.
English Language: Have achieved a B grade.
Science core: Achieved a B grade. - Now taking triple.
Geography: Achieved a B grade.
History: B grade predicted.
Biology: B grade predicted.
Chemistry: B grade predicted.
English Lit: B grade predicted.
Physics: B grade predicted.
Spanish: D grade predicted.
Add Maths: Not expecting high on this!

How do my Gcse's look from a Univeristy, AS and A level perspective?

I have also got B's in all of my controlled assessments apart from Spanish, is there anyway that I could still get say and A or A* with 25% controlled assessments for each subject which are at a B grade?

Just moved your thread into the science uni forum where people with knowledge of this area will be.

I suspect you will be fine for getting into uni and definitely for getting a job but it depends on exactly what you want to do. The sciences and particularly medical fields can be very competitive.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending