Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I have to do source based question (A&B - i believe that's 80 marks in total, might even be 100), in which I study British politics from 1890-1924, and a study of cold war from 1945- the 90's and we have to answer two 50 mark, essay type questions.

What are the best ways to revise such broad topics?
    thanks in advance
    • TSR Community Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Community Team
    (Original post by annacubeddu13)
    I have to do source based question (A&B - i believe that's 80 marks in total, might even be 100), in which I study British politics from 1890-1924, and a study of cold war from 1945- the 90's and we have to answer two 50 mark, essay type questions.

What are the best ways to revise such broad topics?
    thanks in advance
    I've moved this into the history forum for you

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by She-Ra)
    I've moved this into the history forum for you
    Why thank you, I couldn't work out how to do that!

ReputationRep:
    Hiya!
    (is this for AS history with OCR?)

I did Churchill (source based) and Russia from Autocracy to Communism (not source based) so I can't help you on what to revise.
    However I revised by making time lines for each (using 3 colours: a) most important, b) important c) need to know, but not too important. I also put quotes on the time line about and by the people in history looked at - and feelings about events). I also made posters with detailed notes and covered my room in them, and I made revision cards too.

I didn't do anything in depth for the source based one other than a timeline (that's the 30 marks and 70 mark one?) because that's more how you answer the question, and it's not necessarily based on knowledge.

Ultimately, a time line with brief details are good, to revise the whole period. However, if you want something more in depth write out your notes onto revision cards / posters.

(if this isn't the spec your doing, ignore, and sorry if it's too long. But i hope i've helped!)
    • TSR Community Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Community Team
    (Original post by annacubeddu13)
    Why thank you, I couldn't work out how to do that!
    No problem

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: April 10, 2014

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.