How to revise for Citizenship GCSE exam? Watch

watchmen98
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
I seriously have no clue on how to revise for the citizenship exams coming up soon. People say it is mostly common sense but I do really need the A* so revision is compulsory for me. Thanks
blackdiamond97
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I suggest looking at all the past papers, I find that they just tend to word things differently each year. Look at (and memorise) the key words the mark scheme gives - you can write an entire paragraph but if you don't have them, you won't get anything. Reread your citizenship exercise book, but if you're like me and you don't like that, get a revision guide (Citizenship Studies, My Revision Notes by Mike Mitchell is good if you're doing AQA). Time yourself with a past paper once you get comfortable, and keep doing this. Repetitive, I know, but worth it. Watching the news sometimes can help as you can use the stories in your exam.
jamesabrams
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I also do not know how to revise, as my teacher is always ill. I am doing the short course. Does anyone know what the Pre-Released topics are for Section B? Question 2 - Being a Citizen in the UK, question 3 Fairness and Justice, Question 4 Global Issues and Making a difference?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Solent University
    Postgraduate and Professional Open Evenings Postgraduate
    Mon, 25 Mar '19
  • Cardiff University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 27 Mar '19
  • University of Portsmouth
    Postgraduate and Part-Time Open Evenings Postgraduate
    Wed, 27 Mar '19

Where do you need more help?

Which Uni should I go to? (127)
17.81%
How successful will I become if I take my planned subjects? (73)
10.24%
How happy will I be if I take this career? (123)
17.25%
How do I achieve my dream Uni placement? (103)
14.45%
What should I study to achieve my dream career? (70)
9.82%
How can I be the best version of myself? (217)
30.43%

Watched Threads