ASStudent
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
How good is Liverpool for economics? The times and guardian say it isnt that great compared to others. I may put down UEA instead as their teaching is supposed to be better but unsure about the city. Any one got any thoughts/advice. Cheers.
returnmigrant
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Forget League Tables and all that nonsense when choosing a Uni course. Its meaningless market nonsense designed to sell newspapers and make school-leaver paranoid. Its all based on things like 'how much money the Uni got in research funding two years ago and 'how many journal articles a Professor in a different subject has published- - none of which will tell you if you'll enjoy the course or like living in Liverpool.

'Teaching is supposed to be better'. Based on what exactly? And what does 'better' mean anyway and how do you measure it?

Look at the course content - do the optional units interest you? If they don't, it will be a miserable three years regardless of what any newspaper thinks. Go to Open Days, read the course description and think carefully about the reality of what you'll study for three years.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you tempted to change your firm university choice on A-level results day?

Yes, I'll try and go to a uni higher up the league tables (30)
28.57%
Yes, there is a uni that I prefer and I'll fit in better (10)
9.52%
No I am happy with my choice (59)
56.19%
I'm using Clearing when I have my exam results (6)
5.71%

Watched Threads