The Student Room Group

Nuffield Research Placement thread

Hi
I applied for a Nuffield Research placement this summer, still waiting to hear back, I have no idea when we're meant to hear.
Just wondering if anyone else applied or has done a placement and can share their experiences.
I'm finding the whole thing a bit vague so I'd love any information or just someone to chat to about it!
Thanks

Scroll to see replies

Hi there,

While you're waiting for an answer, did you know we have 300,000 study resources that could answer your question in TSR's Learn together section?

We have everything from Teacher Marked Essays to Mindmaps and Quizzes to help you with your work. Take a look around.

If you're stuck on how to get started, try creating some resources. It's free to do and can help breakdown tough topics into manageable chunks. Get creating now.

Thanks!

Not sure what all of this is about? Head here to find out more.
Reply 2
Original post by youngerinmyhunge
Hi
I applied for a Nuffield Research placement this summer, still waiting to hear back, I have no idea when we're meant to hear.
Just wondering if anyone else applied or has done a placement and can share their experiences.
I'm finding the whole thing a bit vague so I'd love any information or just someone to chat to about it!
Thanks

I've never applied or anything, but maybe contact them if you haven't heard. Send an email or phone up to see when you will know what's happening, and maybe request more information on it. :smile:
Original post by Tilly-Elizabeth
I've never applied or anything, but maybe contact them if you haven't heard. Send an email or phone up to see when you will know what's happening, and maybe request more information on it. :smile:

No, don't do this OP. Nuffield say that sourcing the placement takes the longest time, hence the long wait. They also say not to contact them about the status of your application/placement. Nuffield will get back to you when they're ready.
Reply 4
Hi
Thanks

Hey! I applied too :smile: Don't worry,haven't heard anything yet either, but I know it takes time because they need the parent forms, teacher reference and then need to find a placement too. Let me know when you hear something!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hi
Thanks

Heey, I applied too. Still not heard anything but a girl I know got an email two weeks ago and she got accepted which kinda makes me worry:s-smilie:.
Do you think we will hear back either way? Someone else said last year they didnt hear back until end of may and she was accepted so just need to wait and see I guess!
Reply 6
Hi
Thanks

Hello :smile:

I've applied as well. I just managed to do it on the last day because I forgot about it :redface:

I emailed my coordinator about it and she said that she had received it and I didn't have to do anything else... I hope I get a placement :biggrin:

What were the subjects that you applied for?
Reply 7
Hi
Thanks

Hey! I applied in March and I heard a reply 4 weeks ago, I have an interview on the 30th of April, however there are 25 of us and only 4 places :frown: Good luck and I hope you hear from them soon!
Hey I applied too like in March, and I haven't heard anything yet. As the last person said tell us when you do hear something :biggrin: #nervous...
Original post by ambzzz
Hey! I applied in March and I heard a reply 4 weeks ago, I have an interview on the 30th of April, however there are 25 of us and only 4 places :frown: Good luck and I hope you hear from them soon!

omg I applied in March too does that mean I haven't got it? ... Should I contact them or just leave it? which area were you?
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by Quantum2123
omg I applied in March too does that mean I haven't got it? ... Should I contact them or just leave it? which area were you?

I got an email today saying I'd got a conditional offer :biggrin: :biggrin: my interview was based in Coventry Uni. it might vary between regions
Original post by awesome_egg
I got an email today saying I'd got a conditional offer :biggrin: :biggrin: my interview was based in Coventry Uni. it might vary between regions

Welldone!!:biggrin: yeh when did you submit the form? :/ :smile:
Welldone!!:biggrin: yeh when did you submit the form? :/ :smile:

Thankyouuuuuu :biggrin: and a day before the deadline haha, literally only discovered it the day before the deadline, 14 March, :smile: i had to write the personal statement the night before I sent it off :colondollar: then I got an i email inviting me to an interview on the 7th April, and I got a reply today :biggrin: they said they'll inform all applicants by the 9th May, so I wasn't expecting the reply so soon :smile:
I applied for this too! The deadline was a few weeks ago and I haven't yet heard back... I'm quite nervous because I would love to do it!

For those that have been accepted do you know where you're going?
Thankyouuuuuu :biggrin: and a day before the deadline haha, literally only discovered it the day before the deadline, 14 March, :smile: i had to write the personal statement the night before I sent it off :colondollar: then I got an i email inviting me to an interview on the 7th April, and I got a reply today :biggrin: they said they'll inform all applicants by the 9th May, so I wasn't expecting the reply so soon :smile:

omg XD My deadline was the 31st March ...wow:biggrin: ... that's awesome!! ok so if I have had no answer by the 9th of May like I will e-mail them to make sure I haven't got it... does that sound like a good plan? :smile:also like when did they say it would be the 9th :s(btw thanks for the help!!:biggrin:)
(edited 9 years ago)
omg XD My deadline was the 31st March ...wow:biggrin: ... that's awesome!! ok so if I have had no answer by the 9th of May like I will e-mail them to make sure I haven't got it... does that sound like a good plan? :smile:also like when did they say it would be the 9th :s(btw thanks for the help!!:biggrin:)

:tongue: well I think it depends on your region, the 9th might just be for my region. But you should contact your regional coordinator, they should tell you the information for your region. I've hear that some coordinators can be a bit lazy though :tongue: and you may or may not have an interview, sooo it all depends :smile: but of course you can contact them. And your welcommeee :L GOOD LUCK :cool:
:tongue: well I think it depends on your region, the 9th might just be for my region. But you should contact your regional coordinator, they should tell you the information for your region. I've hear that some coordinators can be a bit lazy though :tongue: and you may or may not have an interview, sooo it all depends :smile: but of course you can contact them. And your welcommeee :L GOOD LUCK :cool:

Thank You!! :biggrin: !! I hope you have an awesome time and I will be following you on TSR to ask you how you got on!! :P :biggrin:
Thank You!! :biggrin: !! I hope you have an awesome time and I will be following you on TSR to ask you how you got on!! :P :biggrin:

haha okey dokey :smile: ill follow you back:u: do tell me if you get a place :L hope you do :biggrin:
Reply 18
Great to hear you have applied for Nuffield. I did a placement last year and it was a super experience and great to put on your cv/ps.
Dont worry, it does take a while for the coordinators to get back and they get back to people at different times depending on where your placement is.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 19
Hi guys I got an email saying I had a conditional offer from the placement today and it requires me to have a CV and covering letter and I am completely stuck on what to write about? Do you do them like a regular job CV/covering letter or is it different? I'm so confused :s

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending