Poll: Should this bill be passed into law?
As many are of the opinion, Aye (14)
41.18%
Of the contrary, No (8)
23.53%
Abstain (12)
35.29%
This discussion is closed.
Jarred
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
V641 - Single Inflation Rate Bill 2014, The Hon. Barnetlad MP

The Single Inflation Rate Act 2014

An Act to provide for a single calculation of the rate of inflation and ensure those involved in its calculation have a recognised mathematical qualification.

BE IT ENACTED by The Queen's most Excellent Majesty, by and with the advice and consent of the Commons in this present Parliament assembled, in accordance with the provisions of the Parliament Acts 1911 and 1949, and by the authority of the same, as follows:—

1. There shall be an official measure of the changes in prices, known as the United Kingdom Index of Price Changes Covering All Trade, or UKIPCAT.
2. The UKIPCAT measure shall be the sole measure used in inflation adjustments for benefits, pensions, and increases in payments under government contracts.
3. The Office of National Statistics shall calculate the UKIPCAT figures.
4. All those involved in the calculation of the UKIPCAT figure, or working in HM Treasury in any advisory capacity on the matter, shall have to meet the minimum standard of Advanced Level in Pure Mathematics.
5. The measures known as the Consumer Price Index and the Retail Price Index may no longer be used in any official government business.
6. This Act shall take effect from 1st April 2015.

Jarred
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
The Ayes to the right: 14
The Noes to the left: 8
Abstentions: 12

So the Ayes have it, the Ayes have it. Unlock.
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (25)
18.25%
I'm not sure (3)
2.19%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (45)
32.85%
I have already dropped out (3)
2.19%
I'm not a current university student (61)
44.53%

Watched Threads