-*-* Hertfordshire Accommodation & life? -*-* (Help)

Watch
dream996
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
I've literally just accepted Hertfordshire as my firm & Final choice.

But now I'm facing so many problems and feeling so overwhelmed.:eek:

~I have absolutely no idea HOW to apply for accommodation. I can't even find what they actually look like! And the distance; How far are they away from the Uni campus? I've tried their website but it's too 'messy' and confusing~

I was also wondering what about during holidays? Do I have to get kick out from my accommodation? Because I literally have no where to go.

And what about the 2nd year? Is that when people usually start living off campus?

~Also what is Herts actually like? Are people friendly within the Uni? Are they a lot of crime? breaking in? etc?

Sorry, I made my choice simply based on how good the course is, I don't know anything. But I would really appreciate if someone could offer me some help right now. Thank you so much
University of Hertfordshire
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by dream996)

But now I'm facing so many problems and feeling so overwhelmed.:eek:

~I have absolutely no idea HOW to apply for accommodation. I can't even find what they actually look like! And the distance; How far are they away from the Uni campus? I've tried their website but it's too 'messy' and confusing~

I was also wondering what about during holidays? Do I have to get kick out from my accommodation? Because I literally have no where to go.

And what about the 2nd year? Is that when people usually start living off campus?

~Also what is Herts actually like? Are people friendly within the Uni? Are they a lot of crime? breaking in? etc?

Sorry, I made my choice simply based on how good the course is, I don't know anything. But I would really appreciate if someone could offer me some help right now. Thank you so much

Hi there,

Accommodation applications are not open yet. These should be open later this month or early May.

For more information about Accommodation, visit http://www.herts.ac.uk/university-life/accommodation where you can find full details of the different types we offer. There is also new Accmmodation on College Lane which is being developed which might not be online yet.

In second year, students generally find a house local to the University in Hatfield. There is plenty of local accommodation for students which is cheap. The on campus Accommodation is about 1 minute walk from lectures and the LRC's, not far at all.

Hertfordshire University offers a wide range of facilities on both campuses, which are superb.

If you have any more questions, please just ask me.

Kind Regards

Chris
UH Rep
dream996
Rep:
?
If it's the accommodation applications are not open yet how come there are already accommodation listed as 'not available' on the website?

Also Where do I find the student ID? I tried the one on my UCAS but it's longer than 8 digits ?

Thank you for your reply
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
If it's the accommodation applications are not open yet how come there are already accommodation listed as 'not available' on the website?

Also Where do I find the student ID? I tried the one on my UCAS but it's longer than 8 digits ?

Thank you for your reply

Hi there,

The Accommodation which is listed as not available is part of our Campus Development which is still being built. This is part of our 2020 plan and the Accommodation rental will be completed in stages, the first being ready for Sept. This is not because students have already been allocated this Accommodation.

Your Student ID number will be emailed to you once the Accommodation application opens. You can find it our by calling our Student Centre on 01707 284800 and they will provide you with it.

I hope that helps. If you have any other questions, just ask me.

Kind Regards

Chris
Official Rep
dream996
Rep:
?
So should i call the student centre for my ID, or should i wait for the Email (once the accommodation application is open??)

And will there be at least some pictures available ? (for comparison?)
wamyamy
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I'm in the same position as you!! I wanna apply for accommodation as soon as possible, but I've not received an email with my ID.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Megannnnnn96
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Hi
I am waiting to apply for accomodation but like you have no Student ID! Are you still waiting on your student ID number too?
Anyone know when we will recieved this as online it says it's open but I don't have ID number yet
KJane
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago

I can't even find what they actually look like! And the distance; How far are they away from the Uni campus? I've tried their website but it's too 'messy' and confusing~

I'm sure there are some pictures up on the website? I know there are De Hav ones floating around. Only a few halls on De Hav have the option to move out during holidays, but you're reimbursed rent and that's not required every year, when I did it a few years ago there was a option to opt into that. Also, you can live on either campus, and all accommodation is within a few minutes walk of lectures. You could literally roll out of bed at 8.45am and be in for a 9am lecture with time to spare.

Yep, most people move out for 2nd and 3rd year. A small amount can live on campus still, but you have to apply and it's not guaranteed. The university has a housing list come out every January with local housing they have, and if you use them you won't have to pay admin fees like you do with local estate agents. They also check out landlords and flag up bad ones.

I really love it here, the majority of people are really friendly. Obviously there'll always be people you won't get on with, or have a personality clash with but you'd get that anywhere.

Not a lot of crime from what I've heard of, Herts goes on that it has one of the lowest crime levels for a student University in the country. Police support officers patrol regularly and pick up on insecure accommodation on campus. (Like open doors on Robert's Way houses.) Just make sure your housemates lock up after themselves.
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Hi All,

Accommodation applications are due to open within the next few weeks.

You will all be notified when they are and will receive your Student ID number in this email. If you wish, you can contact the Student Centre and get your ID number, but you still won't be able to apply for Accommodation yet. The Student Centres number is 01707 284800.

There are pictures of our Accommodation on the Hertfordshire University website at www.herts.ac.uk or there are some others here https://www.flickr.com/photos/100045...s/dehavilland/

If you have any more questions, our Accommodation Team have a Twitter Handle which they will answer any specific Accommodation queries. They can be found at @UniofHertsAccom

Any more questions, please ask.

Chris
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you feeling about starting university this autumn?

Really excited (64)
21.84%
Excited but a bit nervous (132)
45.05%
Not bothered either way (36)
12.29%
I'm really nervous (61)
20.82%

Watched Threads