The Student Room Group

Is it worth reapplying?

I was rejected from Bath’s Translating and Interpreting Programme MA this year At the same time, it was too late for me to apply for Leeds’s Conference. Interpreting Programme I didn’t start my Leeds application early for this programme is a little expensive for me.
Now I’veg got the offers from Newcastle, Translating and Interpreting(two-years)
Surrey Business Interpreting and
Essex. Chinese/English Translating and Interpreting
I've got 7.5 overall in my IELTS: Listening: 7.0 Reading: 8.0 Writing: 6.5 Speaking:8.0

Now, I am thinking about whether I should apply Bath and Leeds again in October. However, there are many things for me to think about twice. First, I'm not from a very wealthy family thus I need to responsible for my tuition fees a lot and Newcastle's TWO year's T&I programme is already a little tough for me to do with, I mean the money thing. This year, I've applied Chevening Scholarship and will know the result at the end of May (just dissapointed to know that Newcastle is INELIGIBLE for this scholarship OMG).

Do you think I should reapply Bath and Leeds again or you think I'd better go this year? I've somehow felt it is hard for me to have an immense improvement of my English if I keep staying in Taiwan and in this regards, it would be another waste of time to reapply, because it is too hard for me to success! Also, what do you other universities such as Nottingham, Durham etc. interpreting and translating programmes?
Reply 1
Moved to the Applications Forum for you :h: . They may be better placed in offering you advice :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending