Miatwin
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
Hi, I would like to do nursing, but I can only get into universities close to where I live. I have a disabled child and I will not be able to travel far to and from uni as I am needed at home. Does anyone know if there is any help to get in terms of getting?
blue diamond
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
U could contact universities directly to ask this as different unis differ and may b able to provide u support...
lillith
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Where do u live? I have 5 children 3 of them are still at school and 1 at Primary. I have had 3 offers and firmed the closest one to me for placements. Bursaries are not bad really and you can claim for dependents and child care. What exactly do you need to know as you have not made it clear.
Crazy_chick1
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by lillith)
Where do u live? I have 5 children 3 of them are still at school and 1 at Primary. I have had 3 offers and firmed the closest one to me for placements. Bursaries are not bad really and you can claim for dependents and child care. What exactly do you need to know as you have not made it clear.
I was worried about studying nursing with 3 children but you have 5 good on you, well done. It goes to show that you can still study and look after kids at the same time. I been studying a degree in education for the past three years, while working and looking after my three kids. I've now decided to change my career and become a nurse instead of a teacher.
songbirds
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
You will need to get into a local uni and then apply for the nearest placements to where you live. They should take into account your personal circumstances
I also have a child and I hope my uni will give me the nearest placements. You can also claim dependents allowance
Crazy_chick1
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by songbirds)
You will need to get into a local uni and then apply for the nearest placements to where you live. They should take into account your personal circumstances
I also have a child and I hope my uni will give me the nearest placements. You can also claim dependents allowance

What nursing are you going to study and at what Uni?
songbirds
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
[QUOTEy=Crazy_chick1;47106992]What nursing are you going to study and at what Uni?[/QUOTE]

Either uwl or new bucks to do adult nursing. Uwl would be much nearer for me.
You are going to new bucks right?
Crazy_chick1
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
[QUOTEy=Crazy_chick1;47106992]What nursing are you going to study and at what Uni?
Either uwl or new bucks to do adult nursing. Uwl would be much nearer for me.
You are going to new bucks right?[/QUOTE]

Yep I decided On Bucks as it was my first choice. I withdrew from UWL and Herts selection day. I think Bucks have some of the same placements as UWL.
songbirds
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Yeah they share Wrexham park in slough. We may cross paths next year you never know.
Crazy_chick1
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Yeah they share Wrexham park in slough. We may cross paths next year you never know.
Yep we might do lol.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Poll: What factors affect your mental health most right now? Post-lockdown edition

Anxiousness about restrictions easing (14)
5.88%
Uncertainty around my education (27)
11.34%
Uncertainty around my future career prospects (28)
11.76%
Lack of purpose or motivation (36)
15.13%
Lack of support system (eg. teachers, counsellors, delays in care) (14)
5.88%
Impact lockdown had on physical health (7)
2.94%
Social worries (incl. loneliness/making friends) (22)
9.24%
Financial worries (15)
6.3%
Concern about myself or my loves ones getting/having been ill (7)
2.94%
Exposure to negative news/social media (16)
6.72%
Difficulty accessing real life entertainment (6)
2.52%
Lack of confidence in making big life decisions (29)
12.18%
Worry about missed opportunities during the pandemic (17)
7.14%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise