The Student Room Group

Studying in London

I am hoping to attend West Thames College London next year for a 2 year HND course. I have applied for student finance using a different course as I was unsure at the time where I would be going. I've now used the student finance calculator to get an idea of how much of a loan I would receive but it is not showing the extra allowance for studying in London. The word London is in the title of the college, I don't understand why it wouldn't be classed as a London course. The fees for the accommodation are almost £1000 over what I would receive without the extra loan. Is this a mistake or is West Thames classed as non London?
Hi there,

Based on the information you have provided, you should be entitled to receive the London rate of funding from Student Finance England.

We recommend you use the following student finance calculator to get an indication of the funding you would be eligible to receive - http://bit.ly/LHs7kF

If you are going to be living away from home during your studies, please ensure you note this when using the online calculator, otherwise you will be given an incorrect quotation.

Thanks

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending