The Student Room Group

Of Mice and Men quotes

I have about 20+ quotes for Lennie alone in Of mice and men, I have even found more I want to learn because I feel as though they are all important. I think by the end of it I will have 40+ quotes for just Lennie when I also need to learn quotes from other characters. My problem is I do not have a good memory, so I think I would not be able to learn all of these, plus the other quotes by May (my Eng Lit OMAM exam)

How many quotes should I have for each character to help me answer the exam effectively?
You don't need to know that many quotes. Pick the ones that you can write lots about.
You don't need to 'learn' the quotes, just know which quotes you could use for each character/theme and remember which section they are in - you probably should be very familiar with the book by now, and you'll have a copy of Of Mice and Men with you in the exam so you'll be able to find the quote fairly quickly.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by happysmile
You don't need to 'learn' the quotes, just know which quotes you could use for each character/theme and remember which section they are in - you probably should be very familiar with the book by now, and you'll have a copy of Of Mice and Men with you in the exam so you'll be able to find the quote fairly quickly.

No, my exams are closed book. I need to know my quotes, other wise I would not even bother learning them.
Reply 4
Original post by nathaniakyra
No, my exams are closed book. I need to know my quotes, other wise I would not even bother learning them.

What exam board are you on?
Original post by Brichisa
What exam board are you on?

Edexcel
hahaa in that exam, I wrote 2 quotes and speculated about how george wanted to get in lennie's pants

A* in the bag

Quick Reply

Latest