Possible Less Revision for AQA AS/A2 History? Watch

Dilan97
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
Hi,
I'm doing USA 1890-1945 and British loss of colonies and I just realized that since we get given 6 questions in the exam and we only have to answer two sections (4 questions) we can afford to miss out a third of revision. Since I have realized in the third section of the USA paper only asks questions about the new deal and WW2.

Have any AS students thought of doing this and have any A2 students already done it? If so was it ok?
Dilan97
Rep:
?
bump
Dilan97
Rep:
?
bump
joey4live
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Dilan97)
Hi,
I'm doing USA 1890-1945 and British loss of colonies and I just realized that since we get given 6 questions in the exam and we only have to answer two sections (4 questions) we can afford to miss out a third of revision. Since I have realized in the third section of the USA paper only asks questions about the new deal and WW2.

Have any AS students thought of doing this and have any A2 students already done it? If so was it ok?
I'm thinking of doing that as well for unit 1 but can't really do that for unit 2 because you don't know what topic is going to come up for the source question.
becks_dada
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by joey4live)
I'm thinking of doing that as well for unit 1 but can't really do that for unit 2 because you don't know what topic is going to come up for the source question.
This approach definitely works for unit 1. It was basically what I did ,even managed to predict the questions that came up. Still have a brief understanding of the whole unit though
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Birkbeck, University of London
    Undergraduate Open Day - Startford Undergraduate
    Thu, 21 Mar '19
  • University of Wolverhampton
    Postgraduate Open Evening Postgraduate
    Thu, 21 Mar '19
  • Edge Hill University
    Undergraduate and Postgraduate - Campus Tour Undergraduate
    Fri, 22 Mar '19

Where do you need more help?

Which Uni should I go to? (89)
16.89%
How successful will I become if I take my planned subjects? (55)
10.44%
How happy will I be if I take this career? (94)
17.84%
How do I achieve my dream Uni placement? (77)
14.61%
What should I study to achieve my dream career? (54)
10.25%
How can I be the best version of myself? (158)
29.98%

Watched Threads