The Student Room Group

DMU / Keele

Okay, so I'm in a predicament where I want to choose between Keele and DMU for MPharm, but I do have some... struggle choosing between them.

My situation is basically:

I don't MIND going to Keele, but generally, I prefer a bit more of a lively atmosphere, and also, they want AAB. DMU is a more active place and they want ABB.

I feel I'm capable of getting AAB, and if I firmed DMU, I could go through Adjustment and try a better uni, or even a different uni and a different course. However, Keele IS a good university to go to, and it is respectable and would have decent prospects.

Also, there are pressures by my family to go to Keele over DMU, because they feel it would be better for me, but I just feel if I get AAB, maybe I deserve somewhere better than Keele, but at the end of the day, it is a good university. I just need some advice :/
Reply 1
Original post by GSmith19901
Okay, so I'm in a predicament where I want to choose between Keele and DMU for MPharm, but I do have some... struggle choosing between them.

My situation is basically:

I don't MIND going to Keele, but generally, I prefer a bit more of a lively atmosphere, and also, they want AAB. DMU is a more active place and they want ABB.

I feel I'm capable of getting AAB, and if I firmed DMU, I could go through Adjustment and try a better uni, or even a different uni and a different course. However, Keele IS a good university to go to, and it is respectable and would have decent prospects.

Also, there are pressures by my family to go to Keele over DMU, because they feel it would be better for me, but I just feel if I get AAB, maybe I deserve somewhere better than Keele, but at the end of the day, it is a good university. I just need some advice :/

It seems as if under any circumstance you are not really interested in going to Keele whatsoever. If that's the case then don't.

If you were to firm Keele and insure DMU and achieved AAB grades, if you really wanted you can still change universities. Although you won't see an adjustment option on UCAS track, you could still phone universities and ask if they have spaces. Or if you decided to go to DMU, you could still do that provided they have spaces.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2
It sounds like you'd prefer to go to DMU, and with the lower grade requirements it'd take some of the pressure of you towards exam time (although Keele did pretty much say they let most people in with ABB). You're going to be spending at least the next 4 years of your life at uni so choose somewhere you really want to be and will prepare you the best for your career, your family aren't the ones that have to live there

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending