How long does it take to fly to Tenerife from London Gatwick?

Watch
amywalters
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 13 years ago
Anyone know?
akash_a
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
If I can remember correctly it was 4-5 hours. Its not as short as some people think, seeing as it is closer to Africa than Europe
Kittennffc
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
I just flew to Gran Canaria from Manchester, and took us like 4 and a half hours, so might take you about 4 hours as you are further south, and Tenerife is right next to Gran Canaria.

I had a four hour delay as well, so was in an airport for 6 hours, from 7am :|
amywalters
Rep:
?
Lol awww! Thats a bit of a bugger, yeah thanks thats very helpful. Boyfriend just gone away for three weeks to Tenerife! AHhhh!
Kittennffc
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by amywalters)
Lol awww! Thats a bit of a bugger, yeah thanks thats very helpful. Boyfriend just gone away for three weeks to Tenerife! AHhhh!
Lol, it was! All we got was a £5 food voucher, which got me a breakfast that I ate in 5minutes and was still hungry after!

Aww, you missing him? I havn't seen my boyfriend for a week, and its horrid, never mind 3!
amywalters
Rep:
?
(Original post by Kittennffc)
Lol, it was! All we got was a £5 food voucher, which got me a breakfast that I ate in 5minutes and was still hungry after!

Aww, you missing him? I havn't seen my boyfriend for a week, and its horrid, never mind 3!
Lol - i went on the eurostar the other week and had a delay for ageeeeees, my feet were so sore from standing up!!

Lol yeah he's only just arrived at Tenerife. Please tell me it gets easier? lol.
Kittennffc
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Lol - i went on the eurostar the other week and had a delay for ageeeeees, my feet were so sore from standing up!!

Lol yeah he's only just arrived at Tenerife. Please tell me it gets easier? lol.
Aww I hate trains so much!

Lol, well we had a conversation last night that left me in tears, but it gets easier when you know when you're next seeing them. We thought we were going about a month without seeing each other but I just booked a train ticket to see him in a week so its ok Good thing about going a while without seeing them is you can buy sexy underwear and suprise them
amywalters
Rep:
?
Aww I hate trains so much!

Lol, well we had a conversation last night that left me in tears, but it gets easier when you know when you're next seeing them. We thought we were going about a month without seeing each other but I just booked a train ticket to see him in a week so its ok Good thing about going a while without seeing them is you can buy sexy underwear and suprise them

Loool.. yeah i guess so. Aww you're so lucky. But when i think of three weeks it seems so long. I think he's gonna ring me for like 2 minutes (lol) every two days, and i get two texts once a day. But like, I'm so used to speaking to him all day long and seeing him every other day, i feel really empty without him.

As you can see, we both rely on each other a lot lol. But I like it like that, I guess And we've both wrote each other letters to read while he is away, but i've read it so much its practically got holes in lol.
Kittennffc
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Loool.. yeah i guess so. Aww you're so lucky. But when i think of three weeks it seems so long. I think he's gonna ring me for like 2 minutes (lol) every two days, and i get two texts once a day. But like, I'm so used to speaking to him all day long and seeing him every other day, i feel really empty without him.

As you can see, we both rely on each other a lot lol. But I like it like that, I guess And we've both wrote each other letters to read while he is away, but i've read it so much its practically got holes in lol.
Aww, thats so cute! It just sounds like you're very much in love

When you get to see and speak to someone all the time, to speaking to them hardly at all and not even seeing them is hard. It makes you realise how much you like them, and miss them. Don't worry, the time will go quickly, and it'll be amazing when you get to see each other again
amywalters
Rep:
?
Aww, thats so cute! It just sounds like you're very much in love

When you get to see and speak to someone all the time, to speaking to them hardly at all and not even seeing them is hard. It makes you realise how much you like them, and miss them. Don't worry, the time will go quickly, and it'll be amazing when you get to see each other again
Lol.. sorry about that, I was making something about Cyprus in the travel guide! Aww yeah I know that, but you can at least imagine if it was 2 weeks, because you think ah not this friday but next. But three weeks away isnt even worth measuring lol. Ahhhhhhhhhh.. How comes you can't see your bf? Because you're off from being at Uni?
Kittennffc
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Lol.. sorry about that, I was making something about Cyprus in the travel guide! Aww yeah I know that, but you can at least imagine if it was 2 weeks, because you think ah not this friday but next. But three weeks away isnt even worth measuring lol. Ahhhhhhhhhh.. How comes you can't see your bf? Because you're off from being at Uni?
Ohh, are you going to Cyprus?

I know what you mean about 3 weeks, its just hastle saying 'not this week, not next week, but the week after that', never mind actually having to go through with it! Well we met in the last term of uni on a night out, hes from Manchester but at uni in Sheffield, but i'm at uni in Manchester and from Nottingham, so were never in the place at once, but its only like 1 hour away when were at uni, and he comes home all the time because a lot of his friends stayed in Manchester. Its been awkward because hes going to V festival, but coming down to visit for my birthday at the end of August, and I have this extras job I'm doing, so its all a bit hard working out when we can and can't see each other. Only a week to go though Just try to keep yourself busy, and take your mind off your boyfriend - the time will fly. It also gives you chance to do lots of single things without worrying what they might say!
amywalters
Rep:
?
Ohh, are you going to Cyprus?

I know what you mean about 3 weeks, its just hastle saying 'not this week, not next week, but the week after that', never mind actually having to go through with it! Well we met in the last term of uni on a night out, hes from Manchester but at uni in Sheffield, but i'm at uni in Manchester and from Nottingham, so were never in the place at once, but its only like 1 hour away when were at uni, and he comes home all the time because a lot of his friends stayed in Manchester. Its been awkward because hes going to V festival, but coming down to visit for my birthday at the end of August, and I have this extras job I'm doing, so its all a bit hard working out when we can and can't see each other. Only a week to go though Just try to keep yourself busy, and take your mind off your boyfriend - the time will fly. It also gives you chance to do lots of single things without worrying what they might say!

Yeah I understand, thats tough because its out of our control. I couldn't imagine whats its like if that was my relationship because im so used to being right on each others feet that its difficult when one of us even goes out for the day. I just guess you're used to it, however much its not nice.

I kind of understand what you mean though, my boyfriend goes to LSE, and im only at sixth form in kent, so all through the week we can't see each other, only at a weekend.

Its a tough one though. We work better when we are in a routine and know when we can see each other, so i appreciate that you probably don't know whether you're coming or going because like you say, hes doing different things and you likewise!
Kittennffc
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Yeah I understand, thats tough because its out of our control. I couldn't imagine whats its like if that was my relationship because im so used to being right on each others feet that its difficult when one of us even goes out for the day. I just guess you're used to it, however much its not nice.

I kind of understand what you mean though, my boyfriend goes to LSE, and im only at sixth form in kent, so all through the week we can't see each other, only at a weekend.

Its a tough one though. We work better when we are in a routine and know when we can see each other, so i appreciate that you probably don't know whether you're coming or going because like you say, hes doing different things and you likewise!
Like you said, its what were used to, and hasn't been a problem until now because were both doing things, but want to see each other as well. I'm sort of glad that we have chance to do our own thing; our time together is really special, but we can go out with our friends, and do whatever we like when were apart. We've sort of got the balance perfect, but when I leave uni in a year and get a job, its going to be really tough

How long have you been together for?
amywalters
Rep:
?
Like you said, its what were used to, and hasn't been a problem until now because were both doing things, but want to see each other as well. I'm sort of glad that we have chance to do our own thing; our time together is really special, but we can go out with our friends, and do whatever we like when were apart. We've sort of got the balance perfect, but when I leave uni in a year and get a job, its going to be really tough

How long have you been together for?
Umm.. its complicated, friends to seeing each other to going out, about three years lol. Yeah of course, but i'm sure you'll figure it out together, it seems like you're both independant but know that you've got someone waiting for you!

Anyway honey, was nice chatting to you, but im going to go watch BB! lol. speak to you another time! xx
Kriszti92
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Flight was 3,5 hour in the last year. Now..4,5 or more. I don't know why but it's ridiculous. Last year I went to Cyprus what is really far and it was almost 5 hour. Distance nearly double to Cyprus than Tenerife.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you feeling ahead of results day?

Very Confident (32)
8.12%
Confident (54)
13.71%
Indifferent (56)
14.21%
Unsure (100)
25.38%
Worried (152)
38.58%

Watched Threads