Watch
ScarletXxXRose
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
For all 12 mark questions:
*how much should I write?
*do i need an intro/ conclusion and how much will this impact on the mark?
*on the 'discuss how far....' questions, how many points should, i make for each side and in how much detail.
how many theories do i need?

And any tips on getting 12/12

Thanks in advance XxX
satanicwarmaster
Badges: 12
Report 7 years ago
An introduction is usually not necessary or even appropriate given the time constraints of the exam.

A conclusion, on the other hand, is required. Your conclusion can take the form of the judgement you have to make at the end - you have to evaluate how far sociologists would agree with an idea or issue. To do this, consider all the points you've discussed. State which side of the argument is the most persuasive and explain why.

You should aim to make four points. To make it balanced, discuss two sociological points that support the idea the question presents as well as two sociological points that disagree. However, you can't always rigidly adhere to this, so three or two points are fine. Either way, you must discuss both sides of the issue or argument. Always use sociological language that is relevant to the question.

Use the formulaic but helpful PEEL method to structure each point you make:

Point - write a topic sentence which establishes what the point is going to be about.
Evidence - give evidence or examples, e.g. in sociology, this could be statistics, situations in real life, experiments or theories by sociologists, and so forth.
Explain - state what the evidence you have given shows.
Link - refer back to the question: how does your point answer the question?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think receiving Teacher Assessed Grades will impact your future?

I'm worried it will negatively impact me getting into university/college (139)
42.51%
I'm worried that I’m not academically prepared for the next stage in my educational journey (38)
11.62%
I'm worried it will impact my future career (27)
8.26%
I'm worried that my grades will be seen as ‘lesser’ because I didn’t take exams (70)
21.41%
I don’t think that receiving these grades will impact my future (34)
10.4%
I think that receiving these grades will affect me in another way (let us know in the discussion!) (19)
5.81%

Watched Threads