The Student Room Group

Diploma in Foundation Studies - Art and Design. No funding?

I am about to enroll onto a foundation course to do Art and Design, however the leading tutor told me that the course is not funded. I got slightly confused so I have called student finance and explained the situation. They said that I will be able to receive all the grants and loans. Still I am not sure if I should trust them... Has anyone been in a similar position and know why a foundation course could be not funded?
Original post by sarinana
I am about to enroll onto a foundation course to do Art and Design, however the leading tutor told me that the course is not funded. I got slightly confused so I have called student finance and explained the situation. They said that I will be able to receive all the grants and loans. Still I am not sure if I should trust them... Has anyone been in a similar position and know why a foundation course could be not funded?
It isn't eligible for student finance because (I believe) it's classified as further education, not higher. Whatever, it is free if you are under 19, but not after that age. The fees are lower than university fees if you do have to pay. Do make sure that you aren't talking at crossed purposes with Student Finance. The one year Art Foundation course is not funded. It is foundation degrees which are funded, and they are not the same. The tutor at the art college is correct.

Quick Reply

Latest