The Student Room Group

Edexcel Psychology AS

Scroll to see replies

Original post by yellobitch
I think it was evaluate xD.
I found this paper really good ^.^. Btw I think we can't discuss til midnight :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I think they've just changed the rules! :biggrin: Anyways, what did you write about on the Brain lateralisation question? I found that really difficult.. :frown:
Original post by ProcrastinatePro
s/o to the person who predicted the 12 marker being on psychodynamic practical. Absolutely spot on

Did the question on bio approach on gender say EVALUATE or EXPLAIN? I thought it said evaluate but this girl told me it said explain and now I'm worried lol

Don't worry, it was definitely evaluate!
Reply 62
I actually asked for extra paper for the 12 marker which has never happened before!
Whew thanks guys, I have a tendency to misread questions (a lot) so got a bit worried :colondollar:
Found this paper a lot better than the last one! Very glad that Watson and Rayner came up as I was so sure that was going to pop up :biggrin: Also found the 12 marker alright as well, despite the fact that we had never really gone through the psychodynamic practical with our teacher (infact we never carried it out properly; our teacher just wrote up the practical for us!). But I'm glad I spent the time re-writing the practical stuff and going over the evaluation myself, it helped out a lot.
Original post by Apopova1
I think they've just changed the rules! :biggrin: Anyways, what did you write about on the Brain lateralisation question? I found that really difficult.. :frown:

For me, I just wrote about the differences between male and female brains to put it simply (as well as actually stating that there are differences in male and female brains). Such as:
> Males are thought to be more lateralised in the right hemisphere of the brain
> Females are thought to be bilateral
> Males are better at spatial ability tasks than females
> Females are better at verbal tasks than males
I'm so annoyed with myself, I answered the 12 mark question by evaluating the Learning approach practical instead. Do you think I will get any marks at all? I evaluated it well but just the wrong one, i just hope i don't get a big fat zero for it. Do you think they might give me a couple of marks?
Original post by AliCat123
I'm so annoyed with myself, I answered the 12 mark question by evaluating the Learning approach practical instead. Do you think I will get any marks at all? I evaluated it well but just the wrong one, i just hope i don't get a big fat zero for it. Do you think they might give me a couple of marks?

Sorry man but you would get 0 marks if you talked about the learning approach, however you may be lucky to pick up a couple of marks if you somehow linked it to psychodinamic.
Original post by Kash24411
Sorry man but you would get 0 marks if you talked about the learning approach, however you may be lucky to pick up a couple of marks if you somehow linked it to psychodinamic.

Damn, what an idiot I am. Thanks anyway.
Original post by AliCat123
Damn, what an idiot I am. Thanks anyway.

You weren't the only one, someone told me straight after the exam they did learning rather than psychodinamic, maybe in future you should underline key terms and re-read the question i mean i know it's too late now
How do you think the marks for the 12 marker would be divided up? There was an * on the question, so I think you may get a couple of marks for spelling and grammar? I think I messed that question up and didn't provide enough detail in my strengths and weaknesses. I ran out of time, because I got a bit too excited about Watson and Raynor and took too much time on that. :P Didn't even get a chance to go through my answers :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Was really, really happy with that 12 mark. I knew a good 5 strong evaluation points for the practical
Original post by rosenatorr
How do you think the marks for the 12 marker would be divided up? There was an * on the question, so I think you may get a couple of marks for spelling and grammar? I think I messed that question up and didn't provide enough detail in my strengths and weaknesses. I ran out of time, because I got a bit too excited about Watson and Raynor and took too much time on that. :P Didn't even get a chance to go through my answers :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Level 1 (1-3marks) - basic description
Level 2 (4-6marks) - Some detail
Level 3 (7-9) - Good amount of detail little spelling errors
Level 4 (10-12) - Range of reasons with lots of detail and no spelling errors
Original post by Kash24411
Level 1 (1-3marks) - basic description
Level 2 (4-6marks) - Some detail
Level 3 (7-9) - Good amount of detail little spelling errors
Level 4 (10-12) - Range of reasons with lots of detail and no spelling errors

Cheers! :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Oh right xD.
Um, I put:
-female nd male have different brains
-evidence from MRI & PET scans
-male use right side more
-female use both
-male are more lateralised
-males are better at spatial tasks
-females are better at body language
Wish it was worth more marks!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by yellobitch
Oh right xD.
Um, I put:
-female nd male have different brains
-evidence from MRI & PET scans
-male use right side more
-female use both
-male are more lateralised
-males are better at spatial tasks
-females are better at body language
Wish it was worth more marks!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Oh thanks god!! That's what I wrote but I wasn't sure if it was correct or enough! Thanks :smile:
Oh thanks god!! That's what I wrote but I wasn't sure if it was correct or enough! Thanks :smile:

It probably was enough as it was only worth 4 marks ^.^

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hi was the watson and rayner one any study from the learing approach because my friend did pavlov and shes really worried?
Original post by sbraders11
Hi was the watson and rayner one any study from the learing approach because my friend did pavlov and shes really worried?

It was in the learning approach. Pavlov is also in the learning, but it wasn't in much detail in the book. They give us a choice between little Albert, Skinner and Pickens and Thompson for a study other than Bandura.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hi guys.... for the question where we had to describe (6) then evaluate (6) another learning approach study, I put pavlovs dogs

because it was just another study, will it matter that I did this and not little Albert?????

really scared guys
No idea... Everyone did lil Albert though !

the only question in that exam I thought I got wrong was the MCQ about the test ! LOL a lot of people put reliability. I was 100% sure it was reliability but I remembered my teacher telling me to take 2 secs before answering..I realised it was validity. Thx to her !

Hoping for an A but I'm scareeeeddd

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending