The Student Room Group

AQA PSYCHOLOGY B unit 3 and unit 4

hi guys, was just wondering if anyone else is studying PSYB3 and PSYB4 and how they're feeling about the exam?

Im in the midst of revision but nothing is going in.. there's just too much content :confused:

does anybody have any idea what questions might be on the exam?

I'm doing: Cognition and Law
Cognitive Development
Substance Abuse for Unit 3

and Approaches
Debates
Research Methods for Unit 4

dreading it :frown:

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I'm not looking forward to the exams really, there is a lot of content, I'm doing the exact opposite topics for unit 3 though, I'm not looking forward to linking back approaches and debates with topic areas, my essays just get all messy with them! its hard trying to get 8 A02s definitely :frown:
Reply 2
Anyone doing
Child Development
Substance Abuse
Forensic Psychology?
Reply 3
Original post by daizy
Anyone doing
Child Development
Substance Abuse
Forensic Psychology?

Me!! How did you find it?
can someone please upload the question paper psyb3 2014 cause iv run out of revision material
Yeah? Has anyone got the 2014 paper for psyb3? That'd be A could revision tool? Or even any idea what questions are on the paper?
I'm struggling to remember all of the studies! It's impossible!
I've got a mock exam on Thursday but even though I've spent everyday this fortnight revising I just can't remember the studies. Starting to worry now as I didn't have this problem at AS.

I'm doing:
Moral Development
Depression and Schizophrenia
Cognition and the Law
Approaches
Research Methods
(edited 9 years ago)
Is anyone doing social development in child development and schizophrenia & mood disorders and and forensic psychology for applied options? Also, anyone got any good tips on how to revise for psychology? My other A levels are Biology and Chemistry and its pretty straightforward on how to revise for those two but Im finding it hard to revise for psychology in terms of revision technique? :/

Thanks!
I'm doing social development, schizophrenia and mood disorders and forensic psychology
Reply 9
Original post by Ahmed patel
Yeah? Has anyone got the 2014 paper for psyb3? That'd be A could revision tool? Or even any idea what questions are on the paper?

have you found it anywhere yet?
Original post by khaleesi_
Is anyone doing social development in child development and schizophrenia & mood disorders and and forensic psychology for applied options? Also, anyone got any good tips on how to revise for psychology? My other A levels are Biology and Chemistry and its pretty straightforward on how to revise for those two but Im finding it hard to revise for psychology in terms of revision technique? :/

Thanks!

learn the textbook... no joke there, the textbook for psychology is the most useful resource, knowing studies is of vital importance and go through the mark schemes of past papers it will help you to know what each question is looking for.
Original post by khaleesi_

Thanks!

I'm doing cognitive development, schizophrenia/mood disorders and forensic psychology and finding them quite hard! I recently got 6/60 in a mock exam :frown:
Original post by kws100
have you found it anywhere yet?

I have it:-) unsure how to show you though? :-(
Original post by sickitslucy

Can you email it me?
Can you email it to me too if you don't mind :smile:
Original post by SamBaldwin1
Can you email it me?

Sure, which sections do you need and i'll take a photo of them and email them to you. Whats your email?:smile:
Hey guys! I'm doing: Moral Development, Substance Abuse and Forensic Psychology! Does anyone have any worksheets/revision notes they could send to me please? :colondollar: I am home studying so I've had to find revision material for myself.

Hope revision is going well for you all!
Reply 17
Original post by sickitslucy

Could you send me the paper too please?
What textbooks are you using? I am doing it as a mature student considering a career change. Self-taught because I am a graduate. Decided to go for the A level route because I cannot discipline myself to do the work or structure it without exam. Worried the colleges will be using better texts with students. Thinking of doing a conversion masters and figured A level will get me used to exams again, esp. psychology ones.
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 19
Hi, could you please email me the past paper for PSYB3 2014, i do substance abuse, forensic psychology and cognitive development! it would be a huge help

Quick Reply

Latest