Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    hi guys, was just wondering if anyone else is studying PSYB3 and PSYB4 and how they're feeling about the exam?

Im in the midst of revision but nothing is going in.. there's just too much content :confused:

does anybody have any idea what questions might be on the exam?

I'm doing: Cognition and Law
    Cognitive Development
    Substance Abuse for Unit 3

and Approaches
    Debates
    Research Methods for Unit 4

dreading it

ReputationRep:
    I'm not looking forward to the exams really, there is a lot of content, I'm doing the exact opposite topics for unit 3 though, I'm not looking forward to linking back approaches and debates with topic areas, my essays just get all messy with them! its hard trying to get 8 A02s definitely

ReputationRep:
    Anyone doing
    Child Development
    Substance Abuse
    Forensic Psychology?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by daizy)
    Anyone doing
    Child Development
    Substance Abuse
    Forensic Psychology?
    Me!! How did you find it?

ReputationRep:
    can someone please upload the question paper psyb3 2014 cause iv run out of revision material

ReputationRep:
    Yeah? Has anyone got the 2014 paper for psyb3? That'd be A could revision tool? Or even any idea what questions are on the paper?

ReputationRep:
    I'm struggling to remember all of the studies! It's impossible!
    I've got a mock exam on Thursday but even though I've spent everyday this fortnight revising I just can't remember the studies. Starting to worry now as I didn't have this problem at AS.

I'm doing:
    Moral Development
    Depression and Schizophrenia
    Cognition and the Law
    Approaches
    Research Methods

ReputationRep:
    Is anyone doing social development in child development and schizophrenia & mood disorders and and forensic psychology for applied options? Also, anyone got any good tips on how to revise for psychology? My other A levels are Biology and Chemistry and its pretty straightforward on how to revise for those two but Im finding it hard to revise for psychology in terms of revision technique? :/

Thanks!

ReputationRep:
    I'm doing social development, schizophrenia and mood disorders and forensic psychology

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ahmed patel)
    Yeah? Has anyone got the 2014 paper for psyb3? That'd be A could revision tool? Or even any idea what questions are on the paper?
    have you found it anywhere yet?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by khaleesi_)
    Is anyone doing social development in child development and schizophrenia & mood disorders and and forensic psychology for applied options? Also, anyone got any good tips on how to revise for psychology? My other A levels are Biology and Chemistry and its pretty straightforward on how to revise for those two but Im finding it hard to revise for psychology in terms of revision technique? :/

Thanks!

learn the textbook... no joke there, the textbook for psychology is the most useful resource, knowing studies is of vital importance and go through the mark schemes of past papers it will help you to know what each question is looking for.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by khaleesi_)

Thanks!
    I'm doing cognitive development, schizophrenia/mood disorders and forensic psychology and finding them quite hard! I recently got 6/60 in a mock exam

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kws100)
    have you found it anywhere yet?
    I have it:-) unsure how to show you though? :-(

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sickitslucy)
    Can you email it me?

ReputationRep:
    Can you email it to me too if you don't mind

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SamBaldwin1)
    Can you email it me?
    Sure, which sections do you need and i'll take a photo of them and email them to you. Whats your email?

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys! I'm doing: Moral Development, Substance Abuse and Forensic Psychology! Does anyone have any worksheets/revision notes they could send to me please? I am home studying so I've had to find revision material for myself.

Hope revision is going well for you all!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sickitslucy)
    Could you send me the paper too please?

ReputationRep:
    What textbooks are you using? I am doing it as a mature student considering a career change. Self-taught because I am a graduate. Decided to go for the A level route because I cannot discipline myself to do the work or structure it without exam. Worried the colleges will be using better texts with students. Thinking of doing a conversion masters and figured A level will get me used to exams again, esp. psychology ones.

ReputationRep:
    Hi, could you please email me the past paper for PSYB3 2014, i do substance abuse, forensic psychology and cognitive development! it would be a huge help

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: May 3, 2015

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.