artymaniac
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
Hi,
I was dong a past paper and came across this question I only got 2/4 so could someone be kind enough to show me a 4/4 response so I can see what I should doo thanx in advance

In 1918 France wanted Germany to pay for causing the war.

Describe how the War Guilt Clause and the Reparations Settlement tried to achieve this.

(4 marks)

here is the mark scheme

[TD="width: 50%, colspan: 2"] Detailed description of limited aspects
e.g. develops one of the following:
detail of the war guilt clause – number 231, wording etc.;
Effect of war guilt clause – moral responsibility – connection with reparations etc.;
Reparations – set in 1921 - details £6,600 million over 42 years – later reduction etc.;
Thinking behind reparations – their purpose (damage to France qualified such by ‘more’ or by an example e.g. land industry etc – previous wars etc.
One accurate idea which goes beyond simple/general (2 marks).
Two for 3 marks.
OR
Limited description of a wider range of aspects
e.g. Outline description of war guilt and reparations.
[/TD]
[TD="width: 50%, colspan: 2"] 2-3
[/TD]

[TD="width: 33%"] Level 3:
[/TD]
[TD="width: 33%, colspan: 2"] Detailed description of several aspects
e.g. at least two of the points mentioned in the first part of level 2.
Or could give 3 accurate ideas on any relevant point(s).
[/TD]
[TD="width: 33%"] 4
[/TD]

TSR Learn Together
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Hi there,

While you're waiting for an answer, did you know we have 300,000 study resources that could answer your question in TSR's Learn together section?

We have everything from Teacher Marked Essays to Mindmaps and Quizzes to help you with your work. Take a look around.

If you're stuck on how to get started, try creating some resources. It's free to do and can help breakdown tough topics into manageable chunks. Get creating now.

Thanks!

Not sure what all of this is about? Head here to find out more.
beccahoward123
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Hi,
I have been given the exact past paper for a homework assignment and came onto this website to look for advice. I have not yet had my homework marked yet but i hope it can give you some ideas on areas of improvent, etc.

France believed that Germany should be severely punished as Germany started the war and most of the war was fought on French soil, meaning that the most damage was caused in France. France succeeded in their demand as Germany was given a list of many different punishes that were set in order to make Germany pay and to also prevent a war from occurring in the future. The Treaty of Versailles decided that Germany should have to pay £6.6 billion for reparations as this would cause problems for Germanys income and therefore preventing another war. The Treaty of Versailles also reduced the amount of army and naval populations that Germany was allowed. Germany was restricted to 100,000 men in their army, lastly, no German troops were allowed in the Rhinelands and only 6 battleships.
beccahoward123
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by artymaniac)
Hi,
I was dong a past paper and came across this question I only got 2/4 so could someone be kind enough to show me a 4/4 response so I can see what I should doo thanx in advance

[/SIZE]

[/SIZE]

here is the mark scheme

[TD="width: 50%, colspan: 2"] Detailed description of limited aspects
[/SIZE]OR
Limited description of a wider range of aspects
[/SIZE][/SIZE]
[/TD]
[TD="width: 50%, colspan: 2"] 2-3
[/TD]

[TD="width: 33%"] Level 3:
[/TD]
[TD="width: 33%, colspan: 2"] Detailed description of several aspects
[/SIZE][/SIZE]two [/SIZE]
[/SIZE][/SIZE]
[/TD]
[TD="width: 33%"] 4
[/TD]

Hi, I have been given the exact past paper for a homework assignment and came onto this website to look for advice. I have not yet had my homework marked yet but i hope it can give you some ideas on areas of improvent, etc. France believed that Germany should be severely punished as Germany started the war and most of the war was fought on French soil, meaning that the most damage was caused in France. France succeeded in their demand as Germany was given a list of many different punishes that were set in order to make Germany pay and to also prevent a war from occurring in the future. The Treaty of Versailles decided that Germany should have to pay £6.6 billion for reparations as this would cause problems for Germanys income and therefore preventing another war. The Treaty of Versailles also reduced the amount of army and naval populations that Germany was allowed. Germany was restricted to 100,000 men in their army, lastly, no German troops were allowed in the Rhinelands and only 6 battleships
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Bournemouth University
    Midwifery Open Day at Portsmouth Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 16 Oct '19
  • Teesside University
    All faculties open Undergraduate
    Wed, 16 Oct '19
  • University of the Arts London
    London College of Fashion – Cordwainers Footwear and Bags & Accessories Undergraduate
    Wed, 16 Oct '19

How has the start of this academic year been for you?

Loving it - gonna be a great year (105)
17.65%
It's just nice to be back! (163)
27.39%
Not great so far... (212)
35.63%
I want to drop out! (115)
19.33%

Watched Threads