What stationery did you buy for uni?

Watch this thread
Lisa18
Badges: 1
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 8 years ago
Like folders and things. How much paper did you buy/how much do you realistically need for the first few months and how do you organise everything?
avash27
Badges: 11
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 8 years ago
I have had 4 modules every year, so 4 ring binders and a pad of paper from Ryman has done it for me

But take your time and figure out what works for you, it took a little trial and error for me but you'll find a good method once you're there.
gemmam
Badges: 17
Rep:
Report 8 years ago
Packet of plastic wallets (got a pack of 100 in the first year which has lasted me), ring binder and pad for every module, a few highlighters and pens. Bought a pack of 10 gel pens before I started the first year, Im my third year now and only ever used two of them :mmm:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Origami Bullets
Badges: 19
Rep:
Report 8 years ago
I have a ringbinder per module, a set of file dividers, some pens and one pad of paper.

You're going to university, not Outer Mongolia, so you can always buy more when you get there
mojojojo101
Rep:
Report 8 years ago
My first year I took loads off stuff like folders, ring binders, etc... about 2 weeks in I'd lost most of it and what I hadn't lost I didn't use anyway. Since then I just go with buying a massive pack of biros and a pad of paper per module and that's all.

Oh and I still have my trusty calculator from GCSE's (which my school gave me) so thats okay.
SmaugTheTerrible
Badges: 15
Rep:
Report 8 years ago
Lots! A few months on and I barely turn up with a pen.
AdamskiUK
Badges: 13
Rep:
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by Origami Bullets)
I have a ringbinder per module, a set of file dividers, some pens and one pad of paper.

You're going to university, not Outer Mongolia, so you can always buy more when you get there
Is Outer Mongolia particularly worse-off/more desolate than Inner Mongolia, I wonder?
Ruffiio
Rep:
Report 8 years ago
A pen and writing pad, which I never use.

All my paper is shoved in the closet, there's a lot of paper too.
rayquaza17
Rep:
Report 8 years ago
I've bought: lot of squared paper (a must for maths!); a new folder with 4 rings so my work doesn't fall out; a ruler with a hole in it so I can put it inside the folder and not lose it down the table in a lecture (like the old one..); new pencils to replace the ones I have dropped in lectures down the tables; tip-ex to correct mistakes in assignments; white sticky labels to put over the top of big mistakes so I don't use a lot of tip-ex... and a lot more!
dreadpiraterach
Badges: 13
Rep:
Report 8 years ago
2 terms done and I'm still on my first Pukka Pad.
chicforever_
Badges: 14
Rep:
Report 8 years ago
I have like 6 ringbinders - funny because I haven't filed one thing since starting uni. Hopefully I'll actually use them during my 2nd year, around 50 pens (went a bit crazy over summer), HB pencils for edpac sheet exams, 3 a4 lined refill pads for note taking, highliters, a hole puncher, a stapler, 2 USB's, a box file to throw in assignments and things, 2 packs of 500 pages of printing paper and ink cartridges for my printer. Oh and my calculator.

To be fair, unless you're someone who actually loves being organised there's a high chance that most of the things you buy won't even get used.
chicforever_
Badges: 14
Rep:
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by dreadpiraterach)
2 terms done and I'm still on my first Pukka Pad.
same! aha.
El Salvador
Badges: 21
Report 8 years ago
I don't think I specifically bought any.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your Edexcel GCSE Maths Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (34)
18.89%
The paper was reasonable (72)
40%
Not feeling great about that exam... (36)
20%
It was TERRIBLE (38)
21.11%

Watched Threads