What's your Revision plan for this Easter? (except eating a lot of chocolates )

Watch
rakib567
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
Hey, i though it was a ood ideas to get a good idea of what other people are doing for revision.

Specify:

1) Subjects
2) Plan for each subject

Good luck everyone
Layleexx
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by rakib567)
Hey, i though it was a ood ideas to get a good idea of what other people are doing for revision.

Specify:

1) Subjects
2) Plan for each subject

Good luck everyone
* Economics AS
- make concise notes for the remaining chapters of unit 2 I have left from the AQA Nelson Thornes textbook (the notes help for last minute revision when exams are really close, it helps me cover all the content without missing anything out and it's a way of revision in itself)
- if I have time left then I'll do some past papers
* Psychology AS
- make notes (the same thing as above) from the AQA Mike Cardwell and Cara Flanagan texbook
- if I have time I'll do past papers
* English Language&Literature AS
- annotate anthology in detail using help sheets given out in class
- do past papers
- practise the question on unseen texts by annotating poems I find on the internet/food advertisements etc

Those are all my subjects. I plan to spend 2 hours on each subject for a session, with breaks in between. I'll have more sessions for economics and psychology than I will for English. To help organise my time, I created an exam timetable by using the Student Planner on this website.

I hope this was useful or was of interest to you.
bowerhe
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago

Specify:

1) Subjects
2) Plan for each subject
Good luck everyone
Maths A2: Past papers, past papers and a few more past papers

Further Maths A2: See Maths :')

Computing A2: Read through my notes, try a past paper and then answer the questions in the textbook for areas I need work in. I'd rather do a ton of past papers but there are only 4 after AQA changed the syllabus -_-

English Lit A2: Concentrate on learning my quotes, do mind maps on themes in each of the texts (I'm doing Doctor Faustus, Wuthering Heights and Macbeth) and complete some past paper essay questions, marking where I got to in an hour.
Plus, of course, the huge pile of homework my teachers gave me to help is revise :')
MNem
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
i will arm myself with nutella firstly, then embark on a mammoth task of revision which i have planned to take up around 6 hours per day minimum. this will undoubtedly fall apart within 3 days

history AS: make notes and mind maps then do a past paper essay after i finish each section
english lit AS: read the poems/play loadssssssss. maybe a couple of essays
maths AS: PAST PAPERS
Politics AS: bang my head against the wall. fall asleep on my text book. make flash cards. watch the news.
:rolleyes:
happysmile
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Revision plan? I have enough trouble sticking to my 'anti-procrastination strategy' as it is...
cyy12113
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Maths: past papers everyday, 1for each module
Biology: notes based on spec, f215 first because i have a mock after easter, f214 next week
Chemistry: notes based on spec after finishing biology

Leaving chem and biology past papers for after easter, did them about twice each in prep for mocks last term, still remember the answers lol
Solemn Rain
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Never heard of it.
moggington
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
I'm spending the majority of this break making notes for all of my subjects, largely because I'm a perfectionist and neat notes mean I'm more likely to bother reading the work! Unfortunately, I've been very ill and had to visit hospital multiple times so far this school break and so I've only managed to complete the notes for AS Economics, so much more to do though.

I can just about manage leaving the house for 2-3 hours at a time, so I'm meeting up with my best friend next week so we can quiz eachother for Economics, discussion-based revision can be really useful (so long as you're not just gossiping the whole time).

The illness set back has affected my schedule pretty badly, but I'm hoping that by Wednesday/Thursday next week, I'll be able to move onto actual exam practice. 4/5 essays for Politics, 4 Economics papers and a 70 mark report for A2 Geography. Fortunately, I don't go back to school until 23rd April and I finish at 1pm every day that week, so I'll have some time to finish off anything I haven't quite managed to get done so far.
toonervoustotalk
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Biology making flash cards for F211 and F212
Chemistry answering past paper questions on F321,F322 2813, 2811 and 2812.
Maths past papers C1 C2 and M1.
English gona waffle
I am also eating alot more. :awesome:.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Limpopo
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago

Specify:

1) Subjects
2) Plan for each subject

Good luck everyone
I thought easter was about lamenting the unfortunate fate of some geezer who unfortunately shot his mouth off too much and got nailed onto a cross to die? What has it got to do with chocolate, Lindt bunnies and such like? I think all non Christians should not have an Easter break.
William Turtle
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by cyy12113)
Maths: past papers everyday, 1for each module
Biology: notes based on spec, f215 first because i have a mock after easter, f214 next week
Chemistry: notes based on spec after finishing biology

Leaving chem and biology past papers for after easter, did them about twice each in prep for mocks last term, still remember the answers lol
That's 4.5 hours per day of maths alone. No wonder you're up at 4:15!
Aaand now I see why you can manage that amount of time. Big ol' imbalance you've got there.

Posted from TSR Mobile
William Turtle
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Limpopo)
I thought easter was about lamenting the unfortunate fate of some geezer who unfortunately shot his mouth off too much and got nailed onto a cross to die? What has it got to do with chocolate, Lindt bunnies and such like? I think all non Christians should not have an Easter break.
Comes at a very convenient time for revision, though.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Limpopo
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by William Turtle)
Comes at a very convenient time for revision, though.

Posted from TSR Mobile
You students are fooling no one. You will all start with good intent, the sun will come out and you will all think..oh sod it..lets adjourn to the local beer garden. I've seen you all up and down Oxford Rd in down town Manchester,,getting lashed and generally enjoying yourselves.

And may i say, Manchester has some of the prettiest student ladies in the whole of Christendom.
MidnightDream
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Economics: learning each chapter one by one and doing the past papers going over everything I'm getting wrong

Chemistry: revising each unit, doing questions from my textbook and independent study guide and also past papers

Maths: core one and two I'm doing Solomon papers and past papers but I think I'll re revise core two. Mechanics :cry2: I need to go over moments and pulleys but I'm improving :woo:

Physics: I'm going over both units because I'm forgotten most of unit one :cry: I need to revise quantum because we just finished it in class. Also doing past papers and questions from my textbook

To make sure I actually do some of this I'm taking a few days of TSR it's becoming addictive :laugh:
cyy12113
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by William Turtle)
That's 4.5 hours per day of maths alone. No wonder you're up at 4:15!
Aaand now I see why you can manage that amount of time. Big ol' imbalance you've got there.

Posted from TSR Mobile
i'm at home in hong kong for the hols, thats probably why i'm up when you should be asleep (maybe you're imbalanced? jokes :P)
(and the fact that i'm asian doesn't mean i'm a math geek or nerd either)

i do think that it's reasonable to do as many hours of work per day during the holidays as a typical school day, that's 9 to 5 everyday for me

and i still manage a whole hour for lunch and random breaks here and there
rakib567
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
One thing we must not do it's posting threads asnd comments on TSR .......

oh wait.....
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

With no certainty that exams next year wil take place, how does this make you feel?

More motivated (48)
24.62%
Less motivated (147)
75.38%

Watched Threads