This poll is closed

Are you Ready for this Exam?

Yes 29%
No 57%
Not Sure14%
Total votes: 7
I just wanted to know as to:
How your revision was going?
What you think is going to come up in the Paper?
How hard you are finding F453 and difficulty in certain topics? (As I am finding it harder than AS)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Wow, it's busy here... :wink:

I've finished "revising", I just have to re-revise now. I'm the writer behind OCR Computing Revision (a website), so those are my notes.

Anyone else doing F453? (bump)
Reply 2
Great Website. :smile:
You must have had time in your hands to make that. Even though, you had your F454 project and other work.
But, I guess it helped you in computing as a whole and may help you in your future job prospects.

On average 800 students do computing, so...........people will turn up the day before the exam.
Plus it is a though exam as statistics have shown, so people are busy revising.
Reply 3
Original post by benzeman
Wow, it's busy here... :wink:

I've finished "revising", I just have to re-revise now. I'm the writer behind OCR Computing Revision (a website), so those are my notes.

Anyone else doing F453? (bump)

Your notes look useful, I'll probably use them :smile:
Hey guys, revision is going alright for me, can't wait for the exam to be over haha.
Reply 5
Original post by OllieGCSEs
Hey guys, revision is going alright for me, can't wait for the exam to be over haha.

Same, my exams finish on Thursday!

Original post by Super_R
Great Website. :smile:
You must have had time in your hands to make that. Even though, you had your F454 project and other work.
But, I guess it helped you in computing as a whole and may help you in your future job prospects.

On average 800 students do computing, so...........people will turn up the day before the exam.
Plus it is a though exam as statistics have shown, so people are busy revising.

It did indeed - I'm doing a gap year next year and my website (and my F454 project) came up in the interview! Kinda gutted that OCR will change everything from September 2015, but I guess that's life...
Reply 6
Hey everyone

Just thought I'd share couple of things for the people out there to cram

Best of luck! :smile:
Reply 7
It's so quite here, how are people getting on for tomorrow?
Has anyone got the June 2013 Paper?
Id say Use case diagrams as they havnt come up yet, also ive found a 'super secret' link to the grade boundaries for this year 96 for an A which is high so it could be an easy paper

http://www.ocr.org.uk/Images/152964-unit-level-ums-grade-boundaries-november-2013-january-and-june-2014.pdf
Original post by Super_R
I just wanted to know as to:
How your revision was going?
What you think is going to come up in the Paper?
How hard you are finding F453 and difficulty in certain topics? (As I am finding it harder than AS)

Use case diagrams havnt come up yet so probably them, also here is the 'super secret' link to this years grade boundaries! 96 for an A which is unusually high so could be a relatively easy paper.
http://www.ocr.org.uk/Images/152964-unit-level-ums-grade-boundaries-november-2013-january-and-june-2014.pdf
Has anyone got the June 2013 Paper?

Yup I do, here you go.
Original post by space_out
Yup I do, here you go.

Thank you!! Do you happen to have the mark scheme too?
Thank you!! Do you happen to have the mark scheme too?

I do as a matter of fact :wink:
Reply 14
I managed to cram for F451 and F452 and got an A in both, hopefully I can pull it off a third time. Just remember to write down anything you can when they ask for definitions, for example:

'Explain the use of the Current Instruction Register'

The mark scheme talks about obviously executing the code and determining what kind of addressing the instruction is, but it also talks about jump instructions which you might not have thought was relevant.

How did everyone do in their project work by the way?

Good luck for tomorrow :smile:
Reply 15
Also how did everyone do at working out the mantissa and exponent binary stuff? I had to do a LOT of extra research to understand it, as the textbooks were really bad at explaining it properly.
Reply 16
june 2013 is pretty savage compared to other past papers i swear?! it's so heavy in terms of longer writing questions
Original post by space_out
I do as a matter of fact :wink:

Thank you so much
Thank you so much

Why you're welcome, good luck tomorrow! :smile:
Original post by djadanny
Also how did everyone do at working out the mantissa and exponent binary stuff? I had to do a LOT of extra research to understand it, as the textbooks were really bad at explaining it properly.

I have this powerpoint which briefly goes over binary and normalisation. This might clear up any last min. confusion you may have?

Quick Reply