This discussion is closed.
alio
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 15 years ago
ive recently got a contract on a new phone and i simply put the empty phone box wiv instructions and the receipt in the study room. my f***ing mums gone and threw the receipt away, the warranty form and all the other important stuff when she was in a bad mood the other day and was tidying up. she says shes no idea where the forms are and its my own fault for not puttin it away but i put it under my desk in the study room. shes now shoutin at me tonite evry time i ask her can she help me find them although i think she has thrown them away.
Am i being unreasonable for being mad at her or should I have a go at her tomorrow and play up lol.
bearing in mind shes always had the annoyin habit of throwin stuff out!
kingslaw
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Oh my. How this sounds very very similar to my own mother.

Handy Hint: HIDE THINGS
_EMMA_
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
know what you mean, once my mother threw away some papers that i needed for an essay she thought it looked like garbage.
alio
Rep:
?
(Original post by kingslaw)
Oh my. How this sounds very very similar to my own mother.

Handy Hint: HIDE THINGS
but i cant even take my phone back or upgrade it r anything yet if id have thrown her stuff out she wud have had me up looking for it all nite. actually im gonna hide her diary for work. or will this be a serious matter coz she is a nurse lol
AT82
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by alio)
but i cant even take my phone back or upgrade it r anything yet if id have thrown her stuff out she wud have had me up looking for it all nite. actually im gonna hide her diary for work. or will this be a serious matter coz she is a nurse lol
By law you don't need a receipt to take stuff back all you need is to be able to proof it was you, when you bought it I assume they took your name and address so all you have to is take in some ID and the shops have to accept it.

I've taken electrical stuff back to shops without receipts before.

Did you pay by card or cash?
Sam2k
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
You can only be mad at her for so long. I would suggest that you go back to where ever you bought it and ask them to reprint the papers.
waiting2smile
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Lucky me - my parents are to lazy to do housework, we let our poor house cleaner do the hard work! And she's good as gold - since my father is v. temperamental about the slightest thing being misplaced.
iiikewldude
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by alio)
ive recently got a contract on a new phone and i simply put the empty phone box wiv instructions and the receipt in the study room. my f***ing mums gone and threw the receipt away, the warranty form and all the other important stuff when she was in a bad mood the other day and was tidying up. she says shes no idea where the forms are and its my own fault for not puttin it away but i put it under my desk in the study room. shes now shoutin at me tonite evry time i ask her can she help me find them although i think she has thrown them away.
Am i being unreasonable for being mad at her or should I have a go at her tomorrow and play up lol.
bearing in mind shes always had the annoyin habit of throwin stuff out!
around our age i think everyone is starting to get tense with their parents. My mum is so nosy and wants to know every single thing i get up to. At uni u will get alot more freedom
alio
Rep:
?
(Original post by amazingtrade)
By law you don't need a receipt to take stuff back all you need is to be able to proof it was you, when you bought it I assume they took your name and address so all you have to is take in some ID and the shops have to accept it.

I've taken electrical stuff back to shops without receipts before.

Did you pay by card or cash?
by card but the statement hasnt come threw yet. ive got the direct debit vodaphone form thing though. still im mad :mad:
AT82
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by alio)
by card but the statement hasnt come threw yet. ive got the direct debit vodaphone form thing though. still im mad :mad:
its ok then you will automaticaly have proof of purchase. I can understand being annoyed with your mum though.
Bhaal85
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by alio)
You'll be OK on upgrading your phone. If you took it out on contract the store will most likely have a copy of the reciept in their databases, your copy just makes it easier.
alio
Rep:
?
(Original post by moncal)
You can only be mad at her for so long. I would suggest that you go back to where ever you bought it and ask them to reprint the papers.
:confused:
yea im thinkin of doing that will they reprint the reciept though
kingslaw
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
My mums really really obsessed about cleanliness and organisation in 'her house' (yes it is 'hers' not 'ours'). Just like Monica from Friends.

However, thats just seems slightly wrong to say, as I think Courtney Cox is v.hot.
alio
Rep:
?
(Original post by amazingtrade)
its ok then you will automaticaly have proof of purchase. I can understand being annoyed with your mum though.
lol thank u. wot annoys me most is that fact that she shouts evry time i bring it up when its her fault
Bhaal85
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by kingslaw)
My mums really really obsessed about cleanliness and organisation in 'her house' (yes it is 'hers' not 'ours'). Just like Monica from Friends.

However, thats just seems slightly wrong to say, as I think Courtney Cox is v.hot.
My parents are like that, they hate disorganised, messy, untidy and general uncleanliness.
maximusmak
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
never curse ypur mom, just remeber how much pain she had to go through getting you at, and that will cool you down
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Which party will you be voting for in the General Election?

Conservatives (60)
18.69%
Labour (158)
49.22%
Liberal Democrats (45)
14.02%
Green Party (20)
6.23%
Brexit Party (4)
1.25%
Independent Group for Change (Change UK) (3)
0.93%
SNP (7)
2.18%
Plaid Cymru (2)
0.62%
Democratic Unionist Party (DUP) (0)
0%
Sinn Fein (4)
1.25%
SDLP (0)
0%
Ulster Unionist (1)