Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone know how the religious studies exams work. I know you do two papers on each date (ethics 1& ethics 2 then philosophy 1 & philosophy 2) but do you like get a break between the papers or does it just depend on your school?
    Thanks in advance
    Sarah x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SarahEL27)
    Does anyone know how the religious studies exams work. I know you do two papers on each date (ethics 1& ethics 2 then philosophy 1 & philosophy 2) but do you like get a break between the papers or does it just depend on your school?
    Thanks in advance
    Sarah x
    The first exam is Ethics on the 12th May, this consists of two 1 hour papers sat at the same time, you need to learn two units from 7-9 and 2 from 10-12 for that exam, the philosophy paper is the same but at a later date

ReputationRep:
    Thanks in advance
    Sarah x
    This is what my schools doing, you sit one exam and then once the hours up they'll collect your paper and bring round the second one once the short course students have gone. Depending on your school depends on whether they give you a 10 minute break, but more than likely not. 😄

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hilarysusan)
    This is what my schools doing, you sit one exam and then once the hours up they'll collect your paper and bring round the second one once the short course students have gone. Depending on your school depends on whether they give you a 10 minute break, but more than likely not. 😄
    Aw that sucks haha. Thanks, good luck with your exams

ReputationRep:
    I'm doing it from a Muslim's viewpoint.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BCMFM16)
    I'm doing it from a Muslim's viewpoint.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Do your school give you a choice of which religion to do? I know everyone at my school had to do Christianity regardless of their religion as they said they didn't have time to teach the syllabus from multiple perspectives. It's a shame cause I thought it would be interesting to do other religions as well.

ReputationRep:
    Do your school give you a choice of which religion to do? I know everyone at my school had to do Christianity regardless of their religion as they said they didn't have time to teach the syllabus from multiple perspectives. It's a shame cause I thought it would be interesting to do other religions as well.
    Yeah I'm doing it from the Islamic viewpoint most are doing Christianity some are doing Hinduism Judaism or even Sikhism

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BCMFM16)
    Yeah I'm doing it from the Islamic viewpoint most are doing Christianity some are doing Hinduism Judaism or even Sikhism

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Yeah same for our school too, although most do Christianity so the teaching mostly caters for those doing that, like me.. although I'm personally an Atheist

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JSweeting21)
    Yeah same for our school too, although most do Christianity so the teaching mostly caters for those doing that, like me.. although I'm personally an Atheist
    I know this is a wild guess but do you go to Nottingham High School?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    We have a whole range of beliefs in my class (Buddhist, catholic, other Christian denominations, atheist, agnostic) so it is kind of frustrating to only learn about Christianity.

ReputationRep:
    Everyone at our school had to do Christianity as we only have 1 single lesson a week so we don't have enough time to do the 8 units let alone learn it from a different religion. Everyone has an idea of Christian teachings so I guess it's easier. What units do you do?

ReputationRep:
    Everyone at our school had to do Christianity as we only have 1 single lesson a week so we don't have enough time to do the 8 units let alone learn it from a different religion. Everyone has an idea of Christian teachings so I guess it's easier. What units do you do?
    Yeah we are similar, there just isn't time to do all the units multiple times.
    For the units we do
    Ethics 1: human relationships & medical ethics
    Ethics 2: equality & peace and justice
    Philosophy 1: beliefs about deity & life after death
    Philosophy 2: science and religion & good and evil

they are all quite good units but I sort of wanted to do the media unit and the poverty & wealth unit cause they sounded really interesting. What do you do?

ReputationRep:
    Yeah we are similar, there just isn't time to do all the units multiple times.
    For the units we do
    Ethics 1: human relationships & medical ethics
    Ethics 2: equality & peace and justice
    Philosophy 1: beliefs about deity & life after death
    Philosophy 2: science and religion & good and evil

they are all quite good units but I sort of wanted to do the media unit and the poverty & wealth unit cause they sounded really interesting. What do you do?
    We do the same ethics units as you, but I'm struggling with the religion and equality unit as we haven't had time to learn it! We do the same for philosophy 2 but for philosophy 1 we do beliefs about deity and nature of belief. I really wanted to do life after death because it seems so much more interesting than nature of belief.

Which one are you the most confident about/what grade do you want? I'm definitely most confident on the ethics paper. 😊😊😊😊

ReputationRep:
    We do the same ethics units as you, but I'm struggling with the religion and equality unit as we haven't had time to learn it! We do the same for philosophy 2 but for philosophy 1 we do beliefs about deity and nature of belief. I really wanted to do life after death because it seems so much more interesting than nature of belief.

Which one are you the most confident about/what grade do you want? I'm definitely most confident on the ethics paper. ����������

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
    Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process
    Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.