Small lumps on neck Watch

SFeet
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
Hi,

About 3-4 weeks ago I discovered small lumps inside my neck, the lumps got smaller as the days went by, but I still went to see my GP, she says it's nothing to be worried about but she'll still take a blood test if I want, so I booked another appointment for a week later.

The funny thing is, I first discovered these lumps a day after I had a shave, and not a day after I had a hair cut, I noticed more small lumps, I also woke up that day with a runny nose and was sneezing a lot. Doctor said these lumps (known as Lymph nodes/glands) usually appear when you have a fever or infection.

Since I discovered more lumps (extremely tiny, can barely feel them, they not even be lumps) my neck has felt a tiny bit stiff.

Has anyone had this problem before or does anyone know what this problem is? Is it something to be seriously worried about? I worry it may be cancer but hopefully it isn't
ISawBum
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Your doctor already said it's nothing to worry about - I think the blood test suggestion was to humor you.

Either stop worrying, or get a second opinion, or try your best to get cancer so that your fears can be confirmed.
Laomedeia
Badges: 21
Report 5 years ago
Neck lumps are common. I remember having a golf ball sized lump on the side of mine that coincided with a sore throat, headache and fever. It was a swollen gland.
Also have you EVER heard of anyone get "neck cancer"? Throat maybe but thats a slightly different bit
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Who do you think will be the next PM?

Boris Johnson (162)
74.31%
Jeremy Hunt (56)
25.69%

Watched Threads