The Student Room Group

A-levels. Ugh...

Hi, I'm completely stuck as to what to study for A-levels, I've got 2 definitive subjects chosen, but I need another 2... (sixth form requires 4) and I don't enjoy any other subjects. I initially planned to take Chemistry but it seems so difficult and I despised it during Triple Science. After my A-levels, I plan on doing a biology degree.

I will definitely be studying Geography and Biology.

Subjects taken for GCSE / Predicted grades:

Biology - A (achieved)
Chemistry - A (achieved)
Maths - A (achieved)
Geography - A (achieved)
Physics - B (achieved)
English language - A*
English literature - A
Religious Studies - A*
Physical Education - A
History - A/B (I HATE THIS SUBJECT - SO NOT THIS!)
Human Health and Physiology - A/B

Could any of you kind fellow TSRers offer a good combination which involves my 2 current options and reasons for each subject would great (if possible.) Bearing in mind I wish to pursue Biology.

Kind regards,
Ben
Reply 1
If you wan't to do a biology degree do chemistry. Maths would be very useful too, depending on where you want to apply to.
Reply 2
You won't get onto a decent Biology degree without Chemistry A-Level.
Reply 3
Do Biology, Chemistry, Maths and then any other subject you're interested in. You can always drop this subject and take the other three unto A2.
Reply 4
It's true that biology and chemistry go very well together but choose subjects you'll think you enjoy, or if you can't think of any others you'd enjoy pick once you're good at.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 5
If you want to do a Biology degree you will need two sciences and maths, so you are going to have to do either physics or chemistry, you might get away with just doing maths or maths and further maths but you should probably take chemistry
Reply 6
You should check out uni entry requirements for your chosen course(s).
Reply 7
Most uni's look at your chem or physics grade more than biology for biology subjects.
And maths and chem/physics will be good cos bio courses require another science.

Quick Reply

Latest