The Student Room Group

Hard to get A* in Science?

Is it hard to get an A* in science with 3weeks of revision when i took the exam i got a BBA* in biology:chemistry:Physics this was without any revision i am planning on learning the ocr twenty first century book and then the revision guide and then all the questions in the big book as well as pastpapers will it be hard to get an A* in all three? In my coursework i have 54/64 for chemistry 55/64 in biology and 60/64 in physics will it be piss easy i have only started revising today and im finding it fairly easy.
Original post by Acrux
Is it hard to get an A* in science with 3weeks of revision when i took the exam i got a BBA* in biology:chemistry:Physics this was without any revision i am planning on learning the ocr twenty first century book and then the revision guide and then all the questions in the big book as well as pastpapers will it be hard to get an A* in all three? In my coursework i have 54/64 for chemistry 55/64 in biology and 60/64 in physics will it be piss easy i have only started revising today and im finding it fairly easy.

You should be fine. Make sure you fully understand the content and do as many past papers as possible to maximise your chances of getting high marks. Be careful in getting your hopes up about an A* grade though, those coursework marks were presumably only told to you in school by your teachers? They can change pretty dramatically once they're sent off to the exam board and moderated, it can go either way and this is definitely something students need to be made more aware of!
Gcse right. You can do it, I did my biology last year (started 5 days before scraped an A*), im starting in these holidays- a week for phsics and one for chemistry. I would say three weeks is more than enough if you spend 4 hours a day. Good luck. I didn't do the big book just the ocr Collins guide+questions for each subject.
Reply 3
Bump. Anyone else have any thoughts on this matter?

Quick Reply