The Student Room Group

5 weeks too short to revise??

I've been making notes and sifting through subjects for a few weeks now but I wouldn't really call it hardcore revision.

Its only since the start of the holidays (last week) that I've been really revising.

Exams are four weeks away now as you all know, have I cut myself too little time?

Also what are your main rev methods? Papers, notes.etc

Reply 1
Past Papers, Panic, Break, Past Paper, Panic, give in for the day.
Reply 2
Original post by alfianna
I've been making notes and sifting through subjects for a few weeks now but I wouldn't really call it hardcore revision.

Its only since the start of the holidays (last week) that I've been really revising.

Exams are four weeks away now as you all know, have I cut myself too little time?

Hey. :smile:

I would say that four weeks could make a huge difference in grade outcomes, dependent on the level of commitment drilled in.

I've got a ten-week topic-specific plan which covers all the specification in groups that I know will help me remember them in a concise and memorable fashion, especially with overlapping content in different modules.

You can do it!
My main revision techniques would be the norm: post it notes, A5 notes, flash cards for definition collections and full on past paper practice with examiner report analysis for what people find weak which will indicate and pitch the difficulty of the exam for our examinations!

Stick to the specification and you'll be fine!
I hope this can be proved useful.
:biggrin::wink::smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
it depends on how you revise, how well you revise and what kinds of exams you're sitting

for gcses i remember coming back from easter not having revised at all (although to be fair, easter this year is quite late) and i did all right
im doing a2 and i have kickstarted my revision today by doing one m1 paper. yay

it's all very well for those people that say "ive been revising for 8 hours since jan" but if they're not using those 8 hours effectively then what's the point?
Reply 4
Original post by PurpleSquid
it depends on how you revise, how well you revise and what kinds of exams you're sitting

for gcses i remember coming back from easter not having revised at all (although to be fair, easter this year is quite late) and i did all right
im doing a2 and i have kickstarted my revision today by doing one m1 paper. yay

it's all very well for those people that say "ive been revising for 8 hours since jan" but if they're not using those 8 hours effectively then what's the point?

That's totally true... I can say I stick to that, but it is easy to not use it effectively... I've nearly been there before! Aha!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 5

Thanks

It's better than starting five days before the exam. Seriously, it's better than nothing, it's well worth it!

I usually make out little flashcards, but that's only if you've got the time, because you can waste time making them. If you don't, then I usually just answer exam questions and keep learning definitions.

Good luck :smile:
I have four weeks until my university exams and haven't begun revision. I would hope it's enough time :wink:

Honestly, I wouldn't worry, four weeks is plenty of time just as long as you use it right!
Reply 7
Original post by Beanos
Past Papers, Panic, Break, Past Paper, Panic, give in for the day.

lool well hey if it works for you :tongue:
Reply 8
Original post by The Wild Youth
I have four weeks until my university exams and haven't begun revision. I would hope it's enough time :wink:

Honestly, I wouldn't worry, four weeks is plenty of time just as long as you use it right!

thanks you're right, and good luck for your exams! :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending