The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
The One and Only Lady Jennington
It all depends on your reasons for not eating certain foods. For 12 years the only meat I ate was fish, because I did not like the taste or texture of other meats, fish is quite different in taste and texture.
I have never claimed to be an animal rights activist and never have I been against the eating of meat.

EDIT: However I do agree that if you claim that you are a "vegetarian" (pescatarian), but eat fish and your reasons are those of animal rights reasons then you ought to be slightly more educated. I have had someone tell me before that eating fish is OK as a "vegetarian" because they "aren't real animals".

by definition, someone who eats fish is never a vegetarian.

check the google link two posts above your own. you will find the word vegetarian defined in many different ways, none of which include the consumption of fish.
Reply 41
curryADD
by definition, someone who eats fish is never a vegetarian.

check the google link two posts above your own. you will find the word vegetarian defined in many different ways, none of which include the consumption of fish.

I'm fully aware of this fact and I have already stated that, if you actually read some of my prior posts you will realise this. I put the word as this: "vegetarian" for a reason because that is how some of those who eat fish class themselves. I know that they are not.
I was a pescatarian for 12years.
Reply 42
The One and Only Lady Jennington
I'm fully aware of this fact and I have already stated that, if you actually read some of my prior posts you will realise this. I put the word as this: "vegetarian" for a reason because that is how some of those who eat fish class themselves. I know that they are not.
I was a pescatarian for 12years.

*ahem*

i'm hormonal right now, do excuse my rudeness :redface:

and also i'm dyslexic and your post wasn't clear enough (after reading it three times) for me to gather an overall point. sorry! :redface:

and also, i love your sig, because i have a zip up hoodie that is quite cute that reads "i was going to conquer the world, but i got distracted by something sparkly."

rep: sometime if you remind me.....to make up for my rudeness, stupidity, and also to reward you for good taste :smile:
Reply 43
proper real veggies dont eat fish!
its stupid when veggie people say "im veggie but i eat fish"
how the **** does that make sense? :confused:
my old veggie lecturer agrees with me and doesnt get why people do that. shes a veggie and only eats veg. thats the way it should be!
Reply 44
why do people think its kool to be vegeterian?
Reply 45
While we ourselves are the living graves of murdered beasts, how can we expect any ideal conditions on this earth?
George Bernard Shaw~

Umm, I don't think most people do it to be 'kool' but because it is either something they believe in (some do claim it to be their religion), health aspect or general repulse at the taste.
Aside from that, it is 'kool' because there is absolutely no logic to eating animals, wanting your body to be a walking coffin carrying the hallmarks of such barbarism. Being vegetarian/vegan is about showing compassion and regard for the welfare of other beings. Somebody once said that there are three stages to the liberation process- 1) abolition of slavery 2) emancipation of women 3) animal rights... it is possible to share the world with animals and be at one with nature. A world with no animal cruelty would be a world better off. This is where I shut up.

P.S. Vegetarians don't just eat veg :smile: ^
EffingKrazy
why do people think its kool to be vegeterian?

lord knows. But as a vegetarian myself, I'll admit that it's nice to think of yourself as being rather cool.
Reply 47
well i never knew so many people on here who call themselves veggies also happen TO BE UP THEIR OWN ARSE !

Latest

Trending

Trending